Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor - New signing

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agen%20Sbobet%20Bursabandar%20-%20Ruben%20Suarez.jpg

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Sorry, I appear to have woken up in a strange alternate reality where we've just signed a polish international goalkeeper from man utd and a spanish defender from Valencia with champions league experience. I'm scared to go to bed tonight and wake up tommorrow to find us playing at the priestfield again and just signed Jeff Minton and Richard barker.

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Good evening, lads. Just saw this news so I thought I should pop in and give you some information. I have to say that I'm pleased for him. Unfortunately, contrary to what you've heard, Bruno is not a better player than Álvaro Arbeloa. With all due respect (and I like Brighton) I think that this will be a good level for him.

Firstly, he's an absolute model professional. In and out of Valencia's starting eleven for the four years that he was with us, and not one hint of a complaint. Never missed a training session, and always guaranteed a solid performance. He's a very solid and consistent player.

At 31 years old now, he hasn't got much pace. That is perhaps his greatest weakness. He's not slow, but speedy wingers could have the upper hand against him. He's actually very good in the air. So many times a long ball has been played over the top to the opposing team's left winger and Bruno more often than not managed to head it out of play or down the line. Defensively, solid.

In terms of going forward, he doesn't offer too much. He has a decent engine and gets down the wing, but doesn't have the pace to burst past the fullback. He is generally good on the ball though, and gets plenty of crosses into the box. Not always quality balls in, but nearly always gets into the box at least.

Not very skillful technically, but comfortable in possession. Can pass it about.

I had some other stuff to say, but I've forgotten now. Feel free to ask anything.

Good luck for the new season too. Hope you guys can push on into the Championship.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good evening, lads. Just saw this news so I thought I should pop in and give you some information. I have to say that I'm pleased for him. Unfortunately, contrary to what you've heard, Bruno is not a better player than Álvaro Arbeloa. With all due respect (and I like Brighton) I think that this will be a good level for him.

Firstly, he's an absolute model professional. In and out of Valencia's starting eleven for the four years that he was with us, and not one hint of a complaint. Never missed a training session, and always guaranteed a solid performance. He's a very solid and consistent player.

At 31 years old now, he hasn't got much pace. That is perhaps his greatest weakness. He's not slow, but speedy wingers could have the upper hand against him. He's actually very good in the air. So many times a long ball has been played over the top to the opposing team's left winger and Bruno more often than not managed to head it out of play or down the line. Defensively, solid.

In terms of going forward, he doesn't offer too much. He has a decent engine and gets down the wing, but doesn't have the pace to burst past the fullback. He is generally good on the ball though, and gets plenty of crosses into the box. Not always quality balls in, but nearly always gets into the box at least.

Not very skillful technically, but comfortable in possession. Can pass it about.

I had some other stuff to say, but I've forgotten now. Feel free to ask anything.

Good luck for the new season too. Hope you guys can push on into the Championship.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Think we'll get Rubén Suárez too?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Great signing with a bag full of top level experience. Never heard of him of course - but hopefully his experience rubs off on the team.

Oh and this is certainly a signing Gus promised us with saying its a player who would help Vicente.

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Think we'll get Rubén Suárez too?

No problem. Uhm, Brighton have money, right? Levante are completely broke. They have a net spend of less than €500,000 on transfers over the last 4/5 seasons. They're a side made up of loan deals and has beens. They did manage to top the table for a few weeks though and secure Europa League football though, which is absolutely incredible.

Anyway, think Rubén Suárez is a possibility if money is offered. Levante will take any money they can get. They're actually Valencia's city rivals, hehe.

33 years old, and would be for the short term, but a very useful player nonetheless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks Ximo

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting info from our Spanish correspondent, and a more realistic appreciation of Saltor (and maybe Suarez) to temper our expectations.

I'm not surprised that Gus has gone shopping in Spain rather than pay over inflated fees here. OK these guys might be the wrong side of 30 but if they remain fit they should have the technical skills to do a decent job for us. Like most on here I want to see the Vicente deal tied up asap and if the presence of a couple more Spaniards helps him to feel more at home then bring it on. Hopefully some prudent free transfer deals from Spain will mean that Gus still has a decent budget for any remaining signings.

Gus's Galacticos!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here