Bruno Saltor - New signing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
He is OK, but not going to get us into the play-offs.
Really depends on the expectation you have for us next year or the total lack of transfer activity up until this point.
Does this mean that TB will not spend money on transfers and prefers frees instead? If so we could be left with uninterested players on big money.
Trying not to cry into my cups but this signing doesn't excite me one bit, but hey ho.

They call you Sunny Southern Scouse do they? Miserable git!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bruno seems to be on Twitter : @brunosalter2

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Surely this is some kind of wind up, or your Mrs has just said not tonight darling.

QUOTE=Southern Scouse;4990217]He is OK, but not going to get us into the play-offs.
Really depends on the expectation you have for us next year or the total lack of transfer activity up until this point.
Does this mean that TB will not spend money on transfers and prefers frees instead? If so we could be left with uninterested players on big money.
Trying not to cry into my cups but this signing doesn't excite me one bit, but hey ho.[/QUOTE]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He won't get us into the playoffs, no, although I suspect he's better than ok. I expect he's the best right back we've had for a while.
That's ridiculous. :fishing: surely. We got Vicente on a free last year, but that didn't stop us spending a few million on others. And TB is sensible, and if he's watching our budget he's hardly going to blow it on wages. It's not like Vicente seemed uninterested last year.
Trying not to cry into my cups but this signing doesn't excite me one bit
Although this one signing won't define our season, he looks like a very good player that will help us. Good news really.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Trying not to cry into my cups but this signing doesn't excite me one bit, but hey ho.

Sweet Jesus.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that the rumour about David Albelda was on the right track but the OP got the wrong Valencia player. Could this mean Calde will switch to left back or are we going to still sign a left back. Interesting that he reputedly turned down Wigan to join us.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
froml-valencia-s-playersfrench-defender-jeremy-mathieu-defender-marius-stankevicius-midfielder-vicente-rodriguez-and-defender-bruno-saltor-celebrate-their-victory-at-the-end-of-the-spanish-league-football-match-real-sociedad-vs-valencia-cf-on-december-rf_102406.jpg

Reunited??

... and it feels so good!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
He won't get us into the playoffs, no, although I suspect he's better than ok. I expect he's the best right back we've had for a while.
That's ridiculous. :fishing: surely. We got Vicente on a free last year, but that didn't stop us spending a few million on others. And TB is sensible, and if he's watching our budget he's hardly going to blow it on wages. It's not like Vicente seemed uninterested last year.
Although this one signing won't define our season, he looks like a very good player that will help us. Good news really.

All good points. Although perhaps AFTER spending a few million on CMS he decided against it this year.
My points were not meant to be antagonistic or flippant just a note of caution to anyone who thought we may be expecting some big signings. Last season I wanted us to stay up, and at best get to mid table. This year I want us to be at least mid-table (Although that will be hard) whilst looking at the play-offs.
I just think that SO far we are looking at mid-table which is far better than we were a few seasons ago.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great reading Spanish fans on Twitter saying "Bruno is better than Arbeloa"

My absolute favourite though is someone tweeting "they say if you rub Arbeloa's hair you get Bruno Saltor underneath. He is better he just isn't from Madrid"

Describing himself "A player of great quality, speed and reflexes, a bullet on the right wing"

May not carry Calde's threat going forward but defensively he will make us a better team for sure, and given that he seems to pick up more than his fair share of bookings there should still be a place for my favourite full back :)

Last edited:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
We have and we're still racking our brains as to who he is .

ill be honest and admit that ive never heard of him, but he cant be too bad concidering that he was playing for valencia last year!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It would appear that the rumour about David Albelda was on the right track but the OP got the wrong Valencia player. Could this mean Calde will switch to left back or are we going to still sign a left back. Interesting that he reputedly turned down Wigan to join us.

Calde at LB has to be 100 times better than Painter :lol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Great reading Spanish fans on Twitter saying "Bruno is better than Arbeloa"

My absolute favourite though is someone tweeting "they say if you rub Arbeloa's hair you get Bruno Saltor underneath. He is better he just isn't from Madrid"

Well if they turn out to be correct I'll eat my shoe! Arbeloa was one of the most underrated LFC players of the last 15 years. Any chance we can swap Bruno for him?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
well if hes played against ronaldo he might stand a chance against zaha... then again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports