Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor - New signing

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So is this Bruno fella older or younger than the veteran vincente?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
With kuszczak, that is two top quality out of contract players who have decided to come here. Two quality signings and no fee paid on either. Great sign for the club :)

Excellent point and if you add Vicente thats 3 excellent players who we haven't had to pay a fee for - leaving the money TB has given Gus for new players still untouched - watch this space!! Exciting times!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Always great to sign new players but i'm just a bit concerned that both new recruits are 30 plus and freebies.

Hopefully some younger talent are on route.

I think at times last season we struggled because we were too young and lightweight. 31 isn't old for footballers now really, not with their fitness levels (especially playing top flights football in Spain. Also, 31 is no age for a keeper.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Excellent point and if you add Vicente thats 3 excellent players who we haven't had to pay a fee for - leaving the money TB has given Gus for new players still untouched - watch this space!! Exciting times!

Any spare cash for Owen then ??? :lolol:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Valencia Champions League game against Rangers in 2010...

Valencia: Cesar, Bruno, Navarro, Ricardo Costa, Mathieu, Topal, Costa (Fernandes 76), Dominguez (Soldado 46), Pablo, Mata (Vicente 84), Aduriz.
Subs Not Used: Moya, Maduro, Albelda, Banega.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Always great to sign new players but i'm just a bit concerned that both new recruits are 30 plus and freebies.

Hopefully some younger talent are on route.

At 30 a goalkeeper is just coming into his prime, so in terms of Kusz we've got him at just the right time. Bruno's experience could negate any issues due to age, particularly in the Championship. Besides he looks fit and healthy so he should have a couple more seasons in him even at a very high level I would have thought.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Song ideas.. "Bruno Saltor, Bruno Saltor, He's the Catalonian King and he didn't cost a f**king thing"?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ironic that the photo of Gus and Bruno, has Calde on the wall behind

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Jesus, how many times does it have to be said. Do you really think that a free transfer means the club doesn't pay out any fee??....Just because a fee is not paid to another club just means the money goes straight to the player and his agent....For the millionth time, there is not such thing as a free transfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Song ideas.. "Bruno Saltor, Bruno Saltor, He's the Catalonian King and he didn't cost a f**king thing"?

I was thinking more something like... "Bruuuuuuuuuuuunnoooooooooooooo, Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnoooooooooooooo"

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think at times last season we struggled because we were too young and lightweight. 31 isn't old for footballers now really, not with their fitness levels (especially playing top flights football in Spain. Also, 31 is no age for a keeper.
Fair point we did fade in the last 10 or so matches of the season.

Just need some clever clogs who speaks Spanish on here to go on a Valencia board and inquire about Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here