Bruno: Forgive or Forget?

• Forgive

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Forget

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have some information to share that has come from a source very close to Bruno . I can’t tell you who , but it is a very close source to him and this is not speculation by me this is factual . This information is first hand .

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Bruno’s ultimate aim is to become a manager in his own right . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Ok that bit is probably not anything that most fans couldn’t guess however the next bit is the most important -

Bruno has been receiving a lot of abuse since his decision to move as well as death threats and whilst Bruno and his family are still living in Brighton , they are seriously considering whether they should move out of our city because of the amount and level of abuse .

I want to say that as Brighton fans , we are far better than this and no one should be directing any abuse towards him full stop .

I was ashamed when I heard this . I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Thank you for reading .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have some information to share that has come from a source very close to Bruno . I can’t tell you who , but it is a very close source to him and this is not speculation by me this is factual . This information is first hand .

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Ok that bit is probably not anything that most fans couldn’t guess however the next bit is the most important -

Bruno has been receiving a lot of abuse since his decision to move as well as death threats and whilst Bruno and his family are still living in Brighton , they are seriously considering whether they should move out of our city because of the amount and level of abuse .

I want to say that as Brighton fans , we are far better than this and no one should be directing any abuse towards him full stop .

I was ashamed when I heard this . I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Thank you for reading .

Shameful if so :nono::nono:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I have seen some of the abuse on his instagram comments, and like you, it makes me feel ashamed.

What happened was gut-wrenching, but people need to get over it.

It's only a game.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
There are some sad people in this world and I feel sorry for the bloke and his family.
Most of us were pissed off that he went but some people seriously overstep the mark at times
As some one said "It's only a game"

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Bruno’s ultimate aim is to become a manager in his own right . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Thank you for reading .

Well said ... :thumbsup:

Sadly it's a common occurrence on social media ... and forums like this one ... as it's so easy to just sit behind a keyboard!

I hope any serious threats/concerns are followed up by the police.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It’s obvious that Bruno had little choice in the matter. He has a family and he needs to provide for them. That’s his first priority. When Potter left, Brighton obviously couldn’t give Bruno assurances regarding his future. That would be dependent on the new coach’s wishes and he may not have wanted Bruno to stay. So it’s clear he had to accept the offer from Chelsea.
It’s gut wrenching for us Brighton fans but anyone giving him abuse should hang their head in shame.
I really hope him and his family can stay living in Hove.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well said ... :thumbsup:

Sadly it's a common occurrence on social media ... and forums like this one ... as it's so easy to just sit behind a keyboard!

I hope any serious threats/concerns are followed up by the police.

Agree.

Surely the club will take a hard line as well if they can be identified

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not excusing this kind of thing but you only have to spend five minutes on twitter to know this is inevitable, sadly.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Pathetic if true and any death threats should be taken seriously and delt with like the Arsenal 'fan' from Singapore who threatened Maupay. I hope what ever social platform they're on will be helping the police and if I see any I will be reporting them.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A club statement confirming the above could help Bruno a lot. I can't really see why it would harm the club to make it either, certainly not to the extent that it would be comparable to Bruno receiving threats.

I also hope that Bruno realises that these threats are not a reflection on 99% of Brighton fans but instead a braindead minority.

Hopefully once our new manager and their coaching team are in place all this nonsense will stop.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Totally out of order but would the club have said " cheers Bruno ,but you are surplus to requirements"?
I don't think we work like that.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I didn’t bother posting on any of the threads a week ago.

I remain very disappointed that we have lost 6 key personnel at a time when we have been doing so well. However it is a reality of life that all should face. For GP I completely get why the big six club proved irresistible and I don’t think Bruno and BR should be chastised for taking the opportunity to go too. If you are an ambitious professional that will often be the way it works. It certainly applied in my own career(the money was rather different).

I hope we beat Chelsea, and GP and co have a bad day at the Amex but personally I won’t be booing anyone. Social media abuse as has been suggested by the OP is appalling and reflects very badly on the individuals concerned. BHAFC will feel exactly the same.

Bruno will always be an Albion legend in my book

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I find it utterly bizarre that anyone would think him leaving Brighton is a "betrayal", let alone get so worked up as to actually do anything about it. It isn't like he stole the cup final money FFS!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
He’s got my support. Absolute legend for our club. I hope they catch the knobs making the threats. Disgraceful!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Totally out of order but would the club have said " cheers Bruno ,but you are surplus to requirements"?
I don't think we work like that.

Almost certainly not, no.

But Mr New Manager may well have his own coaching team with specific and defined roles that could see Bruno sidelined to some degree.

Even setting that aside, given his ambitions to ultimately enter management himself one day, he was offered the opportunity to continue working with someone widely-regarded as highly talented and progressive, allowing him to continue to further his own education whilst also putting a Champions League club on his CV.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clearly if Bruno and his family are receiving abuse then it is totally unacceptable.

What I find bizarre is that the Albion didn't seek to keep Bruno and Roberts on, and it is also bizarre why Potter took them with him. My understanding is that even though Potter took Bruno and Roberts their Chelsea equivalents Anthony Barry and Hilario are still in post.

Hilario is still listed as goalkeeping coach, Anthony Barry as one of the 4 1st Team Assistant Coaches along with Reid, Hamberg and Bruno.

Bruno must be the highest paid cone manager in world football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here