Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brtain's Got Talent crossbow stunt goes wrong!...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The first misfire did this, but the one later, I am certain, with the benefit of playback and pausing frame by frame hit his stomach.

We didn’t really see the trick, but it was based on Russian Roulette. What should have happened was Alesha Dixon fired 4 at random. Then he was going to step away and the 5th would have been fired where he was standing.

The arrows were designed to only pierce polystyrene, not flesh.

I played it back at super slo-mo and the fifth arrow did hit the board and not the stuntman.

The writing was on the wall when the 1st shot was fired and the second arrow hit the lower right target, then bounced out - more 'Nerf Wars' than 'William Tell'. It was a complete shambles.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently they're doing Islands in the Stream next week.

As long as they don't do "Je T'aime (Mais Non Plus) by Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I played it back at super slo-mo and the fifth arrow did hit the board and not the stuntman.

The writing was on the wall when the 1st shot was fired and the second arrow hit the lower right target, then bounced out - more 'Nerf Wars' than 'William Tell'. It was a complete shambles.

Maybe. It was very close.

If you look at below you can see his left side bottom of T-Shirt moves, and also the trajectory of the arrow changes between the frames. I haven't been able to grab the frame in-between, but it is so fast there might not be a frame in-between.

crossbow.gif

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

If you look at below you can see his left side bottom of T-Shirt moves, and also the trajectory of the arrow changes between the frames. I haven't been able to grab the frame in-between, but it is so fast there might not be a frame in-between.

attachment.php

Back and to the left.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

View attachment 75054

It's impossible to tell from that whether the feather of the arrow grazes his T-shirt or whether his body movement against the board is responsible for the movement. I tend to go for the latter as I can't see how the arrow would deviate by a foot - we know in the next frame it hit the board and bounced back towards the centre, rather than glancing away to the right.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Anyone else think that this may just have been a bit of a set up?

If it was then it has worked as thousands of people are talking about it. If it hadn't happened I doubt thast we would be discussing anything other than it being a steaming pile of dog turd

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else think that this may just have been a bit of a set up?

If it was then it has worked as thousands of people are talking about it. If it hadn't happened I doubt thast we would be discussing anything other than it being a steaming pile of dog turd

It clearly wasn't a set-up, you can tell from the stuntman's reaction it didn't go to plan.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is pretty shite

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its on in the background here, the wife and kids are watching a recording of it.

The dance lot were crap. Hoe much more of this dullness!!!

Daniel Sturridge looks like he's in it too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
10 years of this crap served up to the baying British public that lap it up coz they've got f*** all else to watch... Too harsh??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
10 years of this crap served up to the baying British public that lap it up coz they've got f*** all else to watch... Too harsh??

**** all to watch!? We are in a golden age of television. Some brilliant lavish productions, all available on iPlayer or other platforms if you miss them. There is less excuse for watching mind numbingly dull lowest common denominator telly than ever before. With all the high quality TV that you can get, I find incredible people still tune into crap like BGT.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
**** all to watch!? We are in a golden age of television. Some brilliant lavish productions, all available on iPlayer or other platforms if you miss them. There is less excuse for watching mind numbingly dull lowest common denominator telly than ever before. With all the high quality TV that you can get, I find incredible people still tune into crap like BGT.
Tbh I only tuned in because there's a thread about it, I'm waiting for a documentary to start at 21:00

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It clearly wasn't a set-up, you can tell from the stuntman's reaction it didn't go to plan.

And he clearly wasn't in danger. As you saw, it went wrong and nothing hit him. Any arrow hitting him was impossible, they were fired from a fixed platform which was clearly tested before hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here