Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Police

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're hoping all those out protesting/fighting will wear themselves out and get bored, the British will have something else to focus on again in a couple of weeks when the media changes the story.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Well, had a quick look at some UK police brutality videos and its the same shit over there as everywhere. Involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people during their working hours. Not surprised my opinion of generally disliking police officers was not well recieved here - old, white upper middle class men generally get stiff from the idea of a group of people beating some fella who smoked a joint or stole a piece of food from some tax haven-abusing supermarket chain.

I'll stand off though and leave you to circle jerking about the thought of getting your tongues brown while meeting some police officer who cracked the kneecaps of some BLM protestor.

:facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A welcome decision, thanks Mods. I only read his anti all police posts in the last hour, and have since remembered the literal kicking the Met have taken in the last 9 days, officers hospitalised, as well as the many police officers who’ve been spat and coughed at throughout Britain over the last 3 months. In this country at least, let’s show a bit of respect.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm going to derail this disappointing thread with a classic video of a "free man of Britain" exercising his right to drive without a license, MOT or insurance... and the police brutality that follows.

By police brutality of course I mean calmly negotiating his arrest and apparently unlawfully seizing his vehicle.

What was the outcome of all this?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm going to derail this disappointing thread with a classic video of a "free man of Britain" exercising his right to drive without a license, MOT or insurance... and the police brutality that follows.

By police brutality of course I mean calmly negotiating his arrest and apparently unlawfully seizing his vehicle.

freeman types are a very special group.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd take care of it or fail to take care of it and I believe that in a world without police and a monopoly on violence, people would be more eager to help eachother in a situation like that.

I can only assume you're drunk, or have turned into a total nipple in the last day or so. If we had anarchy it'd be everyone for themselves at the end of the day.

You stormed onto here and was/were met with a bit of suspicion (a bit like me) then proved to be fairly rational, and now have (in my eyes) pissed it all away.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We don’t have a lot of crime in my area, but there is frequent anti-social behaviour by juveniles. Catapulting pigeons, squirrels and people’s windows. Starting fires in woodland and other petty vandalism. The trouble is that they know the police will do nothing as they’re underage , so progress to adulthood with no respect for the police. In a recent questions and answers our MP Michael Gove, when questioned on the issue, said it’s the responsibility of the parents to control their children, not the police.

And he is of course quite right -just that the parents are often as bad and don't take responsibility for their little darlings. All too often in my teaching career, I was met with a denial of all problems, assuming it was the school's fault, or the statement that he/she is fine at home . .By their standards he/she probably is!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[/B]

And he is of course quite right -just that the parents are often as bad and don't take responsibility for their little darlings. All too often in my teaching career, I was met with a denial of all problems, assuming it was the school's fault, or the statement that he/she is fine at home . .By their standards he/she probably is!

I think that a lot of the problems we have is that kids have lost the fear of any kind of authority correcting them. It sounds bad but I grew up in the era of corporal punishment in school and getting told off by the Park Keeper.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you very much. As a career police officer of 30 years who always did his best to serve the community, I am surprised to know that's what you think of me as we've never met but I guess you must have met most of the 100,000 or so other officers in the country in order to be able to come to such a view! All the best to you too.

I am amazed that you are so polite, though I suspect they you are being understandably sarcastic. To say such things about thousands of human beings, is a disgrace, and shows how little he really knows. I should admit that my relatives are in the Old Bill, and during my teaching career, I wrote out countless references for young people wishing the join the Police. They were the sort, almost without exception, whom you would describe as very reliable and honest.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think that a lot of the problems we have is that kids have lost the fear of any kind of authority correcting them. It sounds bad but I grew up in the era of corporal punishment in school and getting told off by the Park Keeper.

Yes, I am sure that you right. In these lovely liberal days, kids just assume that they can get away with it, and of course they do. As ever, the majority is as good as with other past generations, but what has changed is that those intent on causing problems know that there are few limitations on their behaviour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't even agree with Swansman but getting a ban for an opinion about the police seems very harsh when racist posts are tolerated.

They are front line services during Covid and his comments are unwarranted.

As for racist posts, report them and we will take action. No time for racism on NSC and there have been many bans (some permanent) for such comments in the past.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
We don’t have a lot of crime in my area, but there is frequent anti-social behaviour by juveniles. Catapulting pigeons, squirrels and people’s windows. Starting fires in woodland and other petty vandalism. The trouble is that they know the police will do nothing as they’re underage , so progress to adulthood with no respect for the police. In a recent questions and answers our MP Michael Gove, when questioned on the issue, said it’s the responsibility of the parents to control their children, not the police.

That doesn't suprise me one bit in the Ash area .

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
They are front line services during Covid and his comments are unwarranted.

As for racist posts, report them and we will take action. No time for racism on NSC and there have been many bans (some permanent) for such comments in the past.

Thanks for the reply. I respectfully disagree but also hope the mods will take action when racism is reported.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This. How does that constitute a ban when our resident bigots get away with all kinds of bollocks?

Ironic how a thread about police, has now brung out the NSC police :lolol:

I kind of agree it’s harsh, but then his comments were baseless, he didn’t appear to have a reason for disliking the police other than some preconception about them all being the same, he then flounced off when challenged on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here