Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Police

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I take a different view in that we need Police but they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. As for the concept, what do you see as an alternative to maintaining law and order?

No alternative. I dont like law and order.

Thank you very much. As a career police officer of 30 years who always did his best to serve the community, I am surprised to know that's what you think of me as we've never met but I guess you must have met most of the 100,000 or so other officers in the country in order to be able to come to such a view! All the best to you too.

Tbf I've never met a UK police officer but I imagine they cant be much different from police elsewhere though I cant be 100% certain of that. Power-hungry people who like a bit of violence and protecting the corrupt, ugly power from rage of the people. Dirty. I've met a few good ones though, hence the "in general".

So if someone came round your house, held a gun to your face, raped your other half or family members, then stole everything you had of any value.. you'd call who, exactly. The Samaritans?

I'd take care of it or fail to take care of it and I believe that in a world without police and a monopoly on violence, people would be more eager to help eachother in a situation like that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
First maybe I should mention that I neither like police officers in general as they are often the worst kind of human beings (along with journalists and politicians), and I dont like police as a concept.

But if I ignore those thoughts for a minute and just think of the current situation: if they are not very very soft right now, if they make a tiny misstep, you are in deep deep trouble.

I used to be in the minority on here who thought, when you posted as a non Albion fan, you weren't too bad.
I won't use any expletives on here to you, as I think it will demean moi.
But now, you're on your own chap.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Tbf I've never met a UK police officer but I imagine they cant be much different from police elsewhere though I cant be 100% certain of that. Power-hungry people who like a bit of violence and protecting the corrupt, ugly power from rage of the people. Dirty. I've met a few good ones though, hence the "in general".

I'd take care of it or fail to take care of it and I believe that in a world without police and a monopoly on violence, people would be more eager to help eachother in a situation like that.

Your first post raised eyebrows, but this is unbelievable.

By not believing in law and order I take it you're for a free for all, No laws, no recriminations. Survival of the bully boy.

As for your generalisation, I suggest if you ever come to these shores, you meet them.

To sum up, you're talking idealistic drivel. With you in charge, yesterday would have been a blood bath on the streets of London!!!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

After this drivel a 100% :tosser:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
They have handled it very well so far it is a very volatile situation. The police are very different now to the ones that caused me to hate them in the 80's and some of the reforms are so recent it will take years to fully take effect. I am sure given the choice a lot of Americans would swap their police with ours in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
police have a cunning strategy of keeping a distance, protecting bystanders, then using CCTV to knock on doors in the following weeks.

we could live with a more para-military police like elsewhere, were the first sign of trouble its cracking heads, tear gas, baton rounds. this doesnt really stop the trouble though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
First maybe I should mention that I neither like police officers in general as they are often the worst kind of human beings (along with journalists and politicians), and I dont like police as a concept.

Wow, not sure you have the right to own that comment swing as you are a foreigner, however the last interaction I had on here regarding the Police was with [MENTION=14669]LlcoolJ[/MENTION] and iirc he has an interesting opinion of the girls and boys in blue...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank you very much. As a career police officer of 30 years who always did his best to serve the community, I am surprised to know that's what you think of me as we've never met but I guess you must have met most of the 100,000 or so other officers in the country in order to be able to come to such a view! All the best to you too.

Thank you for serving us, putting your own welfare on the line against the violent dregs of society, making the country much safer.

Other than a brief experience that cost me in on a car accident in the early 80’s, where a retired copper lied with the help of a serving copper, I’ve only experienced great policing. Helping me in sorting out thefts and an attempt to attack me. Professional, determined, fair. I served on juries in two longish cases 4 years ago, again the detective work of the police shone through.

In my experience most people who hate the police have committed crimes and don’t like it how they were caught out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, had a quick look at some UK police brutality videos and its the same shit over there as everywhere. Involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people during their working hours. Not surprised my opinion of generally disliking police officers was not well recieved here - old, white upper middle class men generally get stiff from the idea of a group of people beating some fella who smoked a joint or stole a piece of food from some tax haven-abusing supermarket chain.

I'll stand off though and leave you to circle jerking about the thought of getting your tongues brown while meeting some police officer who cracked the kneecaps of some BLM protestor.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thank you for serving us, putting your own welfare on the line against the violent dregs of society, making the country much safer.

Other than a brief experience that cost me in on a car accident in the early 80’s, where a retired copper lied with the help of a serving copper, I’ve only experienced great policing. Helping me in sorting out thefts and an attempt to attack me. Professional, determined, fair. I served on juries in two longish cases 4 years ago, again the detective work of the police shone through.

In my experience most people who hate the police have committed crimes and don’t like it how they were caught out.

I'd be interested to know what [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] views are???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I searched UK Police Brutality videos on YouTube, you'll never guess what I found".

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Blah blah blah down with the Police, blah blah, worst kind of people, blah blah blah blah, I'm going to tell my mates I wrote this, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhnhh, Trude, have you seen what I've said blah blah
3BDA1CC8-D91F-4802-9396-F06DB4369D1B.jpeg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well, had a quick look at some UK police brutality videos and its the same shit over there as everywhere. Involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people during their working hours. Not surprised my opinion of generally disliking police officers was not well recieved here - old, white upper middle class men generally get stiff from the idea of a group of people beating some fella who smoked a joint or stole a piece of food from some tax haven-abusing supermarket chain.

I'll stand off though and leave you to circle jerking about the thought of getting your tongues brown while meeting some police officer who cracked the kneecaps of some BLM protestor.

You’ve run out of weed haven’t you [emoji23], anyway the other day a few people were a little concerned about you, maybe your apparent mood swing is a sign to slow down on the stuff.

boik

Wow. Just.....wow! I presume some copper must have sh@t in your cornflakes when you were a toddler.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You've been cut a bit of slack since Barber emailgate but you've absolutely overstepped the mark now. Beyond redemption. Bozza, it's time to give him a 9 match ban. You know it makes sense.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The police are just like general public, 99% of them are good. As long as you don’t act like a complete womble and have nothing to hide, been stopped a couple of times for checks, never a big deal. I’m sure some people meet one police officer and think they are all power nuts. Its like assuming every football fan is a hooligan because 1% are, bit silly really.

Just remember one day if you’re in a situation like those on London Bridge were a couple of years ago, the police run towards the danger to save your ass and willingly risk their lives for you.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

But if I ignore those thoughts for a minute and just think of the current situation: if they are not very very soft right now, if they make a tiny misstep, you are in deep deep trouble.

You'll get a whole bag of bad apples in a force that employs over 100,000 officers and by christ they should be weeded out and punished/prosecuted when found to be breaking the law or abusing their position of trust. Going on to YouTube to reinforce your beliefs is astounding! Feck me, you could easily have searched for heroic deeds done by UK coppers and changed your opinion but Hey ho.

In my line of work (not the police) I come in to daily contact with a large number of people from all sorts of social backgrounds. Old, young, male, female, British, foreign, etc etc and I have heard and still hear daily their life stories and events. The one thing that runs consistently through their stories when police have been mentioned and those that have a dislike/hatred of the police is that at sometime in their lives they have been on the wrong side of the law (more than once on most occasions) and that is where their hostility comes from or failing that, it would be their parents that were the ones getting caught and punished and then teaching their kids to hate the police. I guess that you are at odds with the police because of illegal activities past or present or that your parents passed on these unrational feelings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You'll get a whole bag of bad apples in a force that employs over 100,000 officers and by christ they should be weeded out and punished/prosecuted when found to be breaking the law or abusing their position of trust. Going on to YouTube to reinforce your beliefs is astounding! Feck me, you could easily have searched for heroic deeds done by UK coppers and changed your opinion but Hey ho.

In my line of work (not the police) I come in to daily contact with a large number of people from all sorts of social backgrounds. Old, young, male, female, British, foreign, etc etc and I have heard and still hear daily their life stories and events. The one thing that runs consistently through their stories when police have been mentioned and those that have a dislike/hatred of the police is that at sometime in their lives they have been on the wrong side of the law (more than once on most occasions) and that is where their hostility comes from or failing that, it would be their parents that were the ones getting caught and punished and then teaching their kids to hate the police. I guess that you are at odds with the police because of illegal activities past or present or that your parents passed on these unrational feelings.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here