[Other Sport] British Boxing plunges to new depths

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Third time for Whyte isn’t it ?

The only surprise is Eddie didn’t try and keep the fight on

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It is surely impossible for a sport where two blokes stand in a ring and punch each other to sink any lower.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Boxing is fine. We’ve just had Crawford v Spence. It’s British boxing that continues to swim in the sewer. Joshua needs a warm body, maybe they will throw him Chisora. It wouldn’t surprise me with how bad things are on that division at the moment.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Boxing has gone from being almost on par with football for me to something I barely even bother with. The UK fight game is a shambles. No big match ups, no decent coverage of up and coming fighters and domestic fights, and the big names failing to fight anyone that the public wants to see. It’s a bit of a tragedy really considering how healthy everything was for a good 10-15 years pre Covid.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm a non boxing fan and this is why

Too many titles. There should be one champion at each weight. Done.
Rematch clauses. Why on earth would I watch a fight I know is just going to a rematch no matter what? Makes any fight before the final one ultimately pointless.
Fighters running scared of fighting each other. It should just be a straight forward ranking with "you now fight him".
All the trash talk to then hug each other at the end. It may sell fights but you are basically WWE with all that

It's a waste of time before you even consider they ask for about 20 quid to watch the damn thing from whatever suppressive state is now holding the fight because they had the most blood money to offer.

Apart from that it's great.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's a waste of time before you even consider they ask for about 20 quid to watch the damn thing from whatever suppressive state is now holding the fight because they had the most blood money to offer.
I’m not a boxing fan so don’t have much to add on the sport but on this I find it outrageous that you have to pay a premium on top of a subscription to watch something. If you pay for Sky Sports, you should be able to watch the fight. Having to fork out another fee on top of that is utterly ridiculous. It’s like paying to go to the cinema then having to pay extra for the sound.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boxing has gone from being almost on par with football for me to something I barely even bother with. The UK fight game is a shambles. No big match ups, no decent coverage of up and coming fighters and domestic fights, and the big names failing to fight anyone that the public wants to see. It’s a bit of a tragedy really considering how healthy everything was for a good 10-15 years pre Covid.
I see Fury has a reality tv show coming out; pre-show blurb suggests it’s very PR driven.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always baffles me how many people open clearly labelled threads and then post to tell everyone they don’t like the subject 🤷🏻‍♂️

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Always baffles me how many people open clearly labelled threads and then post to tell everyone they don’t like the subject 🤷🏻‍♂️
I love the sport old boy, I just can’t believe what‘s happened, domestically this was a real mouthwatering clash, giving the sport back some credibility, and now the old failed drug test farce has kicked in.

To reiterate Dillian Whyte is a f****** idiot, he was clearing around £2million for this and he’s completely f***ed it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was only a matter of time...

Boxing has gone WOKE!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Whyte has denied it so let’s not hang him quite yet. I think I’m right in saying he has been cleared before after being charged with doping . It’s hardly in his interests to sabotage his own payday.
As for boxing - yes, it’s struggling. somewhere along the line fans have lost interest. Personally I found Tyson Fury’s endless delaying and half-truths draining and boring. There simply haven’t been enough big fights.
The ‘rise‘ of DAZN hasn’t helped either. Few want to pay for a dedicated boxing channel so a lot of fights don‘t get seen.
I also hate the dicking around on fight nights. Opening bell of the main event should be at 10pm (im speaking as tired parent of young kids but even when I was young and out on the town I’d have preferred 10pm).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here