Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bristol Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Murray's now just 14 short of being our highest ever goal scorer

I didn’t think Stokes would smack the Aussies for 70 odd runs the other day, but he did.

Don’t count the old horse out yet. If he can get 10 this year and gets another contract I think he might just do it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Strange, I thought Webster looked promising.

Agree - I thought he looked very comfortable on the ball, brought it out of defence well, and generally looked pretty classy. Couldn't really see their goal (at the far end), so can't comment on the balls up he apparently made. Only disappointing thing for me (ref Webster) was that we had 15 corners and I can't remember one where he threatened in the air.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable game. We played the ball around nicely for much of the time. Alzate and Connolly looked good. Balogan had a very decent game. AJ showed some sparks - and definitely looked up for it. Gross and Mooy were a bit ponderous at times - but I can't imagine they'll ever play together in the Prem (certainly not as holding midfielders). I was confused about Glenn, as he seemed to play a lot out on the left side - but when it mattered he was in the right place! Given that team had never played together before, they did pretty well against a very enthusiastic Rovers side. And nice to see Palace knocked out...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agree - I thought he looked very comfortable on the ball, brought it out of defence well, and generally looked pretty classy. Couldn't really see their goal (at the far end), so can't comment on the balls up he apparently made. Only disappointing thing for me (ref Webster) was that we had 15 corners and I can't remember one where he threatened in the air....

I thought their gk made a smart save from his header early in the second half....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree - I thought he looked very comfortable on the ball, brought it out of defence well, and generally looked pretty classy. Couldn't really see their goal (at the far end), so can't comment on the balls up he apparently made. Only disappointing thing for me (ref Webster) was that we had 15 corners and I can't remember one where he threatened in the air.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable game. We played the ball around nicely for much of the time. Alzate and Connolly looked good. Balogan had a very decent game. AJ showed some sparks - and definitely looked up for it. Gross and Mooy were a bit ponderous at times - but I can't imagine they'll ever play together in the Prem (certainly not as holding midfielders). I was confused about Glenn, as he seemed to play a lot out on the left side - but when it mattered he was in the right place! Given that team had never played together before, they did pretty well against a very enthusiastic Rovers side. And nice to see Palace knocked out...

Murray played left midfield in the first half and then moved forward for the second half.

I agree it was an enjoyable game with plenty of action. Rovers defence were very well organised, getting loads of blocks in.
They were well up for it, so it took a while to break them down. Connolly was like a Jack Russell terrier nipping at their ankles all the time & made a thorough nuisance of himself.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Good to chat before the game Jim - Webster was generally moving towards the front post at corners, which wasn't really working, as there were not many other targets for us and the delivery wasn't great. With about 15 minutes to go, he signalled to Gross to put the ball higher and got on the end of one at the back post.

I thought he looked comfortable with the ball at his feet and won a lot in the air. Looks a good prospect to me.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good to chat before the game Jim - Webster was generally moving towards the front post at corners, which wasn't really working, as there were not many other targets for us and the delivery wasn't great. With about 15 minutes to go, he signalled to Gross to put the ball higher and got on the end of one at the back post.

I thought he looked comfortable with the ball at his feet and won a lot in the air. Looks a good prospect to me.

Once he settles in and gets some game time, he will shine!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have seen Connelly a few times for 23s and whilst aware outstanding with movement and chances in box always thought to move up he needed to contribute more outside box. Anybody who there apart from well taken goal how was his overall play last night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have seen Connelly a few times for 23s and whilst aware outstanding with movement and chances in box always thought to move up he needed to contribute more outside box. Anybody who there apart from well taken goal how was his overall play last night.

He was constantly on the move looking to get the ball and move it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here