Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC **Official Thread**

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dicko up front on his own would mean playing for the draw instead of going for a win. Thats why Fozzy has been kept on.

That's rubbish, Dickinson is good at holding the ball up and he could then bring others in to play and allow us to work forward. Forster is quality in behind but we can't expect him to win too many headers up there. If we can get the service right, it's a wise move. But I think we need to be more specific and give better service to Forster than would have been neccessary with Dickinson up there. Forster, as we all know, is a quality striker and I'm not opposed to him being there in the slightest, I just would have preferred Dickinson.

I still think we'll win this if we score first.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

excuse me. what i meant to say was:

"my, this commentary is terribly biased in albion's favour. although i appreciate such a sentiment, i feel perhaps they go to far with such optimism as they are displaying.

oh goodness, i have just had an epiphany. i am an optimistic supporter, and i realise i must sound similar to these commentators, who in fact are so optimistically biased they barely sound credible.

in conclusion, i fear optimism regarding a football team experiencing less than their share of fortune at the present time is best confined to credible terms, or at least killed with fire."

COME ON ALBION :ascarf:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here's another, the moaning bastards are out in force as usual to complain about Virgo. It doesn't matter what he does, he gets criticism. It's boring, tedious and typical of Brighton "fans" on North Stand Chat. ???

Yeah! Typical fans, criticising players for being idiots and getting sent off when they could have avoided it!

Yes criticising all strikers for not scoring every game is not right, criticising all midfielders for not having the creativity and skill of Ronaldo or whoever is over the top.

Criticising a player for getting an entirely avoidable red card, making things that much harder for the other ten men on the pitch, when our defence is already playing people out of position, is about right, imo.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah! Typical fans, criticising players for being idiots and getting sent off when they could have avoided it!

Yes criticising all strikers for not scoring every game is not right, criticising all midfielders for not having the creativity and skill of Ronaldo or whoever is over the top.

Criticising a player for getting an entirely avoidable red card, making things that much harder for the other ten men on the pitch, when our defence is already playing people out of position, is about right, imo.

So you've seen the 2 yellow cards Virgo picked up? You feel in a strong position to comment? Because I don't, and I'd rather leave the condemnation of the man until after I've seen it. Football is a much harder game than people on here seem to realise, perhaps give playing it a whack sometime...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thats why he left Fozzie on

THERE YOU GO
0-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here