Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC **Official Thread**

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That'l do me, it's coming together slowly. Good result!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
made our luck
and this was ten men away
against the third placed team...

lets try and enjoy it eh?!!! :albion2:

WELL DOWN ALBION SHAME THE LEAGUE TABLE IS TELLING PORKIES A TINY BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

Oh dont worry, Im not complaining at all. About time we got the rub of the green.

Sounds like we have a bit of a gem in Tunnicliffe as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You sound disappointed. Are you reading this Acker?

It seems that if we don't deserve a result we should simply gift the opposition a goal because that would be somehow fairer....................

......................and f*** the 600+ fans who travelled to Bristol and all the other supporters who would have been there if they could.

BOLLOCKS to you moaning whingeing miserable defeatist arseholes. We did not lose. WE WON A POINT....now get over it :censored:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
It seems that if we don't deserve a result we should simply gift the opposition a goal because that would be somehow fairer....................

......................and f*** the 600+ fans who travelled to Bristol and all the other supporters who would have been there if they could.

BOLLOCKS to you moaning whingeing miserable defeatist arseholes. We did not lose. WE WON A POINT....now get over it :censored:

i for one admire this man

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Definitely a point gained, and the players and management seemed to agree with that. The sending off seemed harsh, it was right in fornt of us and looked like Virgo got to the ball and it wasn't a yellow card, the ref never even gave a foul !! The impact on this was not only the 10 v 11 but their right winger gave Wright a torrid time in the 2nd half.

Elphick and Tunnicliffe were superb today and El-Abd had a great defensive game. Battled hard to earn that point and the lads can be proud of their effort.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The sending off seemed harsh, it was right in fornt of us and looked like Virgo got to the ball

Doesn't matter if he did. A foul isn't about whether he got the ball, it's how he challenged for it, and if the referee thought it was reckless (“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent) it's a yellow card.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
great result - shame virgo tried to rape us

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was reckless. Both challanges were pretty much identical - he dived in and was late both times. Ref had no choice.

Heroic effort by the 10 players though.

The ref thought it was reckless, too. And that is the defining aspect.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
down to 10 men and we win a point but still the emphasis is on how undeserved it was/how lucky we were.

sometimes I wish these keyboard warriors would just f*** off to selhurst and leave albion fans to back the team

FFS it doesn't matter if we were lucky - it's a good result in difficult circumstances and it really is a bit rich to merely emphasise that it was undeserved without equal credit going to the team for its achievement

good point well made, what the hell do some of these jockeys want, we went down to 10 men and held on for 45 minutes, that counts as a point gained so so f***ing what that Bristol hit the post it didn`t go in did it:censored:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Strange, I thought we took the lead soon after he went.

Depends on your definition of soon.

Virgo was sent off on 44mins. We scored in the 56th minute. Add in half time and injury time, that's almost 30mins between the red card and the goal.

Even if you just go by game time, that's 15mins. Which is one sixth of the game.

On the other hand, in real time (i.e. out of the context of a game) 15mins isn't very long.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Strange, I thought we took the lead soon after he went.

and because he went, we were stretched defensively, which lead to the goal

with 11 on the pitch, scoring from a set piece we would have won that game 1-0. we were not troubled at all by rovers when they had 11 and we had 11, it was only when the one man advantage kicked in that we started to look under pressure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here