Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
would be lieing if I said I wasn't nervous with that line up....... let's hope cms actually has a good game!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's marginal.

This season
5 home
6 away

Last season
6 home
4 away

Overall
11 home
10 away

Not as much difference as I thought. Last season was a bit different as teams didn't show us as much respect at the Amex as they do now. I also think Ulloa is being kept for the more physical threat of Bolton.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a little concerned about the club's attitude. There was talk that Bridge could be fit but they wouldn't risk him for bristol. Before saturday they were planning on resting Ulloa, and apparently feel they can despite his hattrick, for bristol. I hope it is more about hiding injuries/tactically misleading team info, because the other way to read it is that gus isn't taking them seriously and that sort of attitude is always risky.

They have home wins v cardiff, palace, forest and watford. They are on a good home run. They shouldn't be taken lightly.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Going for a 0-0 this evening, an old fashioned miserabe midweek stalemate. (minimum 6 goals now i have said that)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Buckley's inclusion in the line up isn't dependent on whether CMS or Len starts plus the Bristol City defence have already had a good look at CMS this season already so they probably have just all collectively sighed with relief.

CMS and Buckley have the pace to destroy their defence.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
There have been times this season that our bench has looked possibly the strongest in the league, not so tonight unfortunately. I hope Gus looks like a genius by the end of the match with his team selection.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Interesting selection. Ulloa every time for me, but I guess Gus thinks we can get a result without him. I assume Barnes is injured..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If it had been 7 days since Hudds he would have played.

He put in a big performance and scored 3, only 3 days ago. He has just arrived in English football, he has not played most of this season, and we have such a good squad, CMS is no bad replacement.

It's quite sensible to give Ulloa a rest today, although tbh all I want is to see him play some more.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm a little concerned about the club's attitude. There was talk that Bridge could be fit but they wouldn't risk him for bristol. Before saturday they were planning on resting Ulloa, and apparently feel they can despite his hattrick, for bristol. I hope it is more about hiding injuries/tactically misleading team info, because the other way to read it is that gus isn't taking them seriously and that sort of attitude is always risky.

They have home wins v cardiff, palace, forest and watford. They are on a good home run. They shouldn't be taken lightly.

I see it that they would have been expecting to deal with Ulloa now they have to deal with CMS who is a completely different player. Bold, but with poyet bold hasn't worked out too well, let's hope it does tonight.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Maybe not, but 5 games in 2 weeks is asking a hell of a lot of a player getting used to English football. . I don't think he is taking these games lightly, this is why he has a squad. The hardest matches on paper are at the weekends. Seems like a sensible move to me. Especially when the last of those 5 games is against you know who.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm going with 2 or three nil to us. Huddersfield gave me a bit of a shock for much of the game over the weekend, hopefully we can keep City at bay tonight.

Come on Brighton!! :albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm nervous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe not, but 5 games in 2 weeks is asking a hell of a lot of a player getting used to English football. . I don't think he is taking these games lightly, this is why he has a squad. The hardest matches on paper are at the weekends. Seems like a sensible move to me. Especially when the last of those 5 games is against you know who.

It's not so much the idea of resting him, more the attitude that "it's bristol city, so we can afford to rest" as if it's a given we don't need our strongest team to face bristol.

I see it that they would have been expecting to deal with Ulloa now they have to deal with CMS who is a completely different player. Bold, but with poyet bold hasn't worked out too well, let's hope it does tonight.

I hope that's the case, too.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Here we go.

Hold onto your hats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here