Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City spending £9m on a striker

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Derby still in the hunt for new players having bids rejected for Butterfield and Antonio.They must must have spent plenty thid summer.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've heard a rumour that we've bought bolasie's sell on clause off them for a few million . Maybe that's added to their coffers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Derby still in the hunt for new players having bids rejected for Butterfield and Antonio.They must must have spent plenty thid summer.

Didn't realise Derby were in for Antonio. That will piss Forest off still further, even if Derby haven't exactly started well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've heard a rumour that we've bought bolasie's sell on clause off them for a few million . Maybe that's added to their coffers

Doubt it. Lansdowne is one of Britain's richest men. It's only now they're back in the Championship that he can feasibly splash the cash as previously, expensive players wouldn't be interested in them. Whereas now they're up again, expensive players still aren't interested but they can at least put in the offers and hope that one of them eventually takes a gamble.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Doubt it. Lansdowne is one of Britain's richest men. It's only now they're back in the Championship that he can feasibly splash the cash as previously, expensive players wouldn't be interested in them. Whereas now they're up again, expensive players still aren't interested but they can at least put in the offers and hope that one of them eventually takes a gamble.

What worth more than our Tone

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What worth more than our Tone

No idea where he compares to our own chairman, especially as little is known of Bloom's exact wealth.

But Lansdown is a billionaire who appears in the rich lists regularly. Forbes' real time data currently has him as the 967th richest man in the world as I write this, with a net wealth of $2 billion. Or, if you prefer, £1,275,904,860.00 at today's exchange rate :ohmy:

So I guess the odd massively overpriced Championship striker is well within his price range.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By the looks of their defence tonight watching SSN showing the action live 2-0 down to Leeds, I think they could do with buying a new defence. Abysmal defensively.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Reading their forum tonight looks like not all is well. Unfortunate if true because everyone now knows what a stash of cash they have in their transfer kitty.

Brentford have possibly accepted the bid but does the player want to go there now he knows he's worth er.. 9 million ?

Don't underestimate how good our club are at keeping things quiet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reading their forum tonight looks like not all is well. Unfortunate if true because everyone now knows what a stash of cash they have in their transfer kitty.

Brentford have possibly accepted the bid but does the player want to go there now he knows he's worth er.. 9 million ?

Don't underestimate how good our club are at keeping things quiet.

What do u mean all is not well mate? I know Cotteril looked really ****ed off after first game claiming they'd had an 'awful a Summer' - I assume in the transfer market, rather than they all went on holiday & it rained all week...

albionite

May 20, 2009
Now Grey has turned down city we should offer cog for a cheap £5m.

Highly amusing Bristol are willing to splash the cash but everyone is turning them down. Wonder why? I know it's a little out of the way but it's a nice city with great surrounding area.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Now Grey has turned down city we should offer cog for a cheap £5m.

Highly amusing Bristol are willing to splash the cash but everyone is turning them down. Wonder why? I know it's a little out of the way but it's a nice city with great surrounding area.

I would Imagine its more due to the fact that they have an average squad and made little improvement to it coming up, who wants to go there and run the risk of being relegated to league 1, in addition to that Cotteril really isn't a name that shouts out to me who players will want to play for add lack of facilities.

They would be better off going big on some of the better players in league 1 who they would have a good knowledge about. Surely Tom Bradshaw at Walsall has got to be worth the risk. Someone I wouldnt mind us going in for.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's probably as much that their squad still has very much a League One look about it. That, combined with a winless start so far, means that any player looking at joining them is going to be wondering whether he's got as much chance of playing in League One as in the Premier League next season. They look at the other players there and see Aden Flint, Ben Hamer, Aaron Wilbraham ( :lolol: ) and it's not screaming Promotion Campaign, is it?

Brentford probably pay Gray pretty well so as it stands, he's better off staying put in a decent side & waiting to see if Hull come back in for him.

Oh, and I bet Steve Cotterill isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for progressive, exciting modern football either. Perhaps his reputation is putting players off too.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think it's probably as much that their squad still has very much a League One look about it. That, combined with a winless start so far, means that any player looking at joining them is going to be wondering whether he's got as much chance of playing in League One as in the Premier League next season. They look at the other players there and see Aden Flint, Ben Hamer, Aaron Wilbraham ( [emoji38]ol: ) and it's not screaming Promotion Campaign, is it?

Brentford probably pay Gray pretty well so as it stands, he's better off staying put in a decent side & waiting to see if Hull come back in for him.

Oh, and I bet Steve Cotterill isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for progressive, exciting modern football either. Perhaps his reputation is putting players off too.
To be fair, apart from being older than God, Wilbraham is a decent player. However, the point stands, poor squad, poor form, both add up to relegation fodder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here