Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City- Guilty or Not Guilty?

Bristol City- Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Guilty- They should've put one in their own net as it was blatently in.

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Not Guilty- The referee has made the decision that it wasn't a goal at the after all.

Votes: 117 73.1%
  • Fence.

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Nope, and for me, that was cheating. They knew the ball hadn't crossed the line, so to me, that is completely different and I would have voted guilty on that. They should have said, hang on, there's no way we can accept that because the ball went wide. But they didn't, they rather smugly thought f*** it, 1-0 up.

The difference is that Palace's goal was fair and legal, so Bristol City had the decision to make. The decided not to let Palace score to make up for it, which in my opinion (as I posted earlier) is fine because it was their choice. But Reading didn't score a valid goal, it was a complete mistake by the officials and they should have owned up to it.

I have read that several times, and I am now convinved it makes no sense at all.

I was gonna say exactly the same thing. Both teams knew what they'd done was wrong so to say the 2 events are different is crazy. To be honest I don't think it's right but i don't expect any time to give up a goal when things like this happen in the future.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think everyone is missing the point entirely here. Let's not waste time moralising about it. Palace were on the end of a complete wrong'un.

Therefore all that matters is that it was

HILARIOUS

haha.jpg

I agree with Edna and Nelson - HA HA!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Technically correct. But the way it happened and the final result did make it all the more enjoyable, and therefore - more special. :yahoo:

That I totally agree with.

Not only special, but funny too.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The big question is why is this type of goal not banned. The only time I've ever seen a goal with metal bars only the net down are on artifical pitches, never seen one in the football league before. This would happen every week if all clubs had goals like this.

For the record I think Bristol City did the right thing. After all the refs made his decision. I also think the ref and the linesman need to be sacked, because if neither of them could spot it, then they're not fit to be in the pro game.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
With all the best will in the world there is no way on earth Bristol City or any other club are going to run to the ref and say yeah that was a definite goal when they know the ref is unsure. Palace and Neil Warnock wouldn't do it so annoying as it is you have to wear it and move on. It isn't BC's fault is it, it is the 4 officials who not one of them saw it was a legitimate goal, that is the real concern here.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
It was clearly a goal, but i wouldn't want my team to let them score, and i wouldn't expect the other team to either. Warnock is just a whopper.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
If it had happened to any other club I probably would have felt some sympathy. But it was Crippled Alice so f*** 'em. I laughed when I heard it on the radio, I laughed when I saw it on TV, and I will be laughing about it for the rest of the season, particularly if it costs them promotion ( or hopefully gets them relegated). If it had happened to us the Palarse fans would have loved it.
I loathe and detest that club and anything bad that happens to them is alright with me.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
If it had happened to any other club I probably would have felt some sympathy. But it was Crippled Alice so f*** 'em. I laughed when I heard it on the radio, I laughed when I saw it on TV, and I will be laughing about it for the rest of the season, particularly if it costs them promotion ( or hopefully gets them relegated). If it had happened to us the Palarse fans would have loved it.
I loathe and detest that club and anything bad that happens to them is alright with me.

Hate is such a negative emotion luv! :laugh:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I am enjoying the controversy - I work with Palace fans and will make a good deal of mileage out of this.:clap: I think Warnock is totally over reacting and it happens to all teams.
I don't think so, fans pay big money to travel to away games and they are robbed of a potential away victory and come away with a defeat, I would feel cheated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bristol City know the ball went in the goal, and judging by Palace's/Neil Warnock's reaction immediately after the incident they knew the goal was ruled out because the officials didn't see it go in.

Indeed, because Neil Warnocks touchline reactions towards officials are usually so restrained arn't they ?
Yes, I can see how Bristol Citys players must have thought SOMETHING was up when Warnock of all people was throwing an eppy at all and sundry.

:glare:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not guilty - it's down to the referee and linesman not to miss something so absolutely basic to the game. In years to come we'll wonder why it took so long to introduce a Hawkeye type device, especially with the massive amounts of money now at stake within the game.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Warnock has simply cried wolf too often. Throughout his career he's made a conscious decision to cheat by undermining referees by complaining as heatedly as that about every crappy little perceived slight. Can anyone then be surprised that these same officials then don't take him too seriously when for once he has reason to be that angry. The guy's a twat and it serves him right. And SJLM, I would (genuinely) say this if it wasn't Palace involved...the fact that it was just made it funnier.

And as for City scoring to make it even or whatever, that's simply just not realistic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It was a shit decision by the officials who evidently dealt with the situation with breathtaking incompetence, and Palace are right to feel hard done by.

However, of all targets to moan about, pointing the finger at Gary Johnson and Bristol City is utterly pathetic. He knew he wasn't (in the heat of the moment) going to get any sympathy from them, though maybe afterwards he might have done. Looking at the footage, it just looks like he wanted to scream at anyone who would listen. Johnson had other priorities at that moment.

Warnock had the high moral ground and a certain amount of sympathy - until he opened his trap after the game.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It was an incomprehensibly dreadful decision and any precedents should be ignored and the game should be replayed......but it wont be so unlucky Palarse :bigwave:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if Bristol had put in their own net deliberatly or allowed Palarse to walk a goal in, wouldnt they have been punished? didnt that happen a while ago, bringing game into disrepute etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here