Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City away

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Up for this one, and fancy making a weekend of it.

Did Newcastle the same, and that was great (well other than the result).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We is going (3). :wave:

You can keep firework night. Load of gash. Celebrating an attempt at blowing up our govt. ffs

Wasn't the gunpowder plot more of an attempted assassination of a Protestant King, and the closest heirs to succession, than a specific attack on the government of the day?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bonfire night is to celebrate the fact that Fawkes was caught trying to blow up the King.

Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day, Bonfire Night and Firework Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in Great Britain. Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. Celebrating the fact that King James I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London, and months later the introduction of the Observance of 5th November Act enforced an annual public day of thanksgiving for the plot's failure.

PG

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It usually is popular.
Take a look at the new stadium, tough game, decent home crowd, good atmosphere.
I will be going it's my nearest game.

That's reminds me back in the early 90s going to Bath for the Bristol Rovers game and their PA announcer walked around with a mic he walk to the away end full of Brighton "hi,so how long did it take you guys to get here?" Albion fan" 5 minutes" PA"(fake laugh) no really,you must have left early?" Albion fan "no,really ,I live a few streets away"

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bonfire night is to celebrate the fact that Fawkes was caught trying to blow up the King.

Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day, Bonfire Night and Firework Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in Great Britain. Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. Celebrating the fact that King James I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London, and months later the introduction of the Observance of 5th November Act enforced an annual public day of thanksgiving for the plot's failure.

PG

In the current climate, is this still a suitable and sensible form of celebration would you suggest?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
In the current climate, is this still a suitable and sensible form of celebration would you suggest?

raw

Jan 30, 2008
I remember coming back from a Brizzle away game and fireworks going off all the way home so we must have played them around this time before. Off to check.

Edit

03 Nov 2001 Bristol City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 0-1 League Division 2

I remember abusing Elleray at that game.

in what way
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was at Ashton Gate last week, for work. The new stand is finished* and the ground looks really good now.

*inside / underneath it isn't, but the seating bits are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here