Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bring back the 80s and 90s please.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Another thought on this was the character grounds back in the day, Saltergate, Gay Meadow, The Dell, Eastville, The Vetch, The Shay (Still with us) to name a few. Every trip was an adventure, especially without segregation. The cookie cutter new builds have no character at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another thought on this was the character grounds back in the day, Saltergate, Gay Meadow, The Dell, Eastville, The Vetch, The Shay (Still with us) to name a few. Every trip was an adventure, especially without segregation. The cookie cutter new builds have no character at all.
I don't remember no segregation, am too young for that but Saltergate was iffy as f*** even with it. Gay Meadow good fun, can remember my first trip there and the Gulls Eye coach turned up with members somewhat the worse for wear handing out inflatable seagulls to everyone. Millwall at the Old Den setting fire to their own ground when we knocked them out of the playoffs.

I'm really looking forward to Sheffield Utd on Saturday. A new ground for me, believe it or not, but an old ground where all that's changed is seating coming in and some improvements to roofing etc. Enjoy Forest in the current league and Villa Park is still a ground I love even with our terrible record and no beer upstairs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't remember no segregation, am too young for that but Saltergate was iffy as f*** even with it. Gay Meadow good fun, can remember my first trip there and the Gulls Eye coach turned up with members somewhat the worse for wear handing out inflatable seagulls to everyone. Millwall at the Old Den setting fire to their own ground when we knocked them out of the playoffs.

I'm really looking forward to Sheffield Utd on Saturday. A new ground for me, believe it or not, but an old ground where all that's changed is seating coming in and some improvements to roofing etc. Enjoy Forest in the current league and Villa Park is still a ground I love even with our terrible record and no beer upstairs.
Bramall Lane is a new ground for me, too. Nice.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Gay Meadow is still my favourite ground. So much character. I would add St James Park, Exeter and The Den to your list.

Ps I would also like to be 40 years younger.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do miss the classic "you're so shit it's unbelievable" chant, I must say.

"You're f***ing shiiiiit" just isn't the same.

I vote we revive the old school version above.

el punal

Bramall Lane is a new ground for me, too. Nice.
I was last there for our FA Cup tie in January 1987. It was absolutely freezing and got colder as the game went on. When the second half started the pitch had frozen over. From what I remember the players just passed the ball around the halfway line - too dodgy to run and hardly any tackling. Oh, and the result was 0-0. Surprise. Surprise.

We lost the replay 2-1. :tantrum:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was last there for our FA Cup tie in January 1987. It was absolutely freezing and got colder as the game went on. When the second half started the pitch had frozen over. From what I remember the players just passed the ball around the halfway line - too dodgy to run and hardly any tackling. Oh, and the result was 0-0. Surprise. Surprise.

We lost the replay 2-1. :tantrum:
We were last there for the 5-4 defeat in 1989. Amazing game. Came out afterwards and an old fella told me it was the best game he had seen since 1935.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We were last there for the 5-4 defeat in 1989. Amazing game. Came out afterwards and an old fella told me it was the best game he had seen since 1935.
That was literally the only game I missed that season! Luckily I was at the 4-2 win a Wolves when Palace lost 9-0.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Basically we want to be in our late teens and 20's again.

I remember Palace losing 9-0 we had a selection of back pages on the wall in our flat as a reminder 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here