Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excerpt:
Brighton are set to face a summer battle to hold on to Roberto De Zerbi - less than a year after appointing the Italian as Graham Potter’s successor.​
De Zerbi has done a superb job at Brighton, continuing Potter’s fine work and taking the club to seventh place in the Premier League table and battling for European qualification.​
The 43-year-old has already been linked with Tottenham Hotspur should Antonio Conte leave the London club at the end of the season. But Brighton do not just run the risk of facing interest from the Premier League, as De Zerbi is believed to have captured the attention of Italy’s top clubs.​

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So the summer break now to be dominated by:
Caicedo going
MacAllister going
Will Tony spend the £150m we got in
How to get cheap tickets for the pre-season tour
De Zebri and coaching staff going
Would you take the unemployed Potter back
If not Potter,who

No wonder NSC was upgraded, otherwise it probably would have crashed with all this going on during the summer.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
nah I'm not worried. like our players, he's only going to leave for a very very top job. that isn't spurs, and I doubt the Italian clubs could pay his release clause
Agree. No prospect at all of an Italian club paying the compensation, certainly not Juve. It's one of those things that if you'd told me 25 years ago that the Milan clubs, Roma and Juve, might not only want our manager, but not be able to get him, i'd have looked at you with utter incredulity.

There's more of a threat from the bigger PL fish in my view, but a) they will have looked at the Potter Chelsea fiasco and will think very long and hard before chucking their lot in with a Brighton manager and paying us a large release clause and b) there aren't many PL clubs he would entertain the notion of jumping ship for.

The chance of this happening is very small.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So the summer break now to be dominated by:
Caicedo going
MacAllister going
Will Tony spend the £150m we got in
How to get cheap tickets for the pre-season tour
De Zebri and coaching staff going
Would you take the unemployed Potter back
If not Potter,who

No wonder NSC was upgraded, otherwise it probably would have crashed with all this going on during the summer.
Not including "which european cities do you hope we get to go to for our UCL group"?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Since he's taken over, we've gone from strength to strength. We're being written about every day by journalists around the world.
Definitely not under the radar anymore and all the top clubs(and chelsea) are tapping up our players....so I'll be glad when he does go, the blokes a liability!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We need to win the FA Cup for Europe and to keep De Zerbi's interest. He wants success and to win trophies that much is clear

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The biggest drawback of our success is having our players and manager continuously linked with other clubs. It feels like a continuous cycle of build, have a key part removed and then rebuilding.

It’s important that we keep De Zerbi because we’re definitely going to lose some key players over the summer and we need some stability.

Bloom needs to show he’ll back De Zerbi in the summer transfer wise and show that there’s a strong desire to continue improving.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think he'll have to actually do something of note here to really stand a chance of the biggest clubs coming in soonish. Finish in Europe places and perform well in Europe would be a start. So I'm not too worried, yet.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
There is actually only a few teams outside England who could afford him - Italian football and especially Juventus is in a state at the moment - and the only way up from us is a top six team at the moment.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Why isn’t Marco Silva or Thomas Frank being touted like this?
Always seems to be Brighton players/staff…

Thomas Frank has been linked with a few bigger teams to be fair, but I assume the reason he’s not linked with more clubs is because Brentford don’t play particularly attractive football.

Marco Silva isn’t linked with anyone because Fulham are probably in a bit of a false position, they don’t play nice football and his record at previous teams isn’t anything to write home about…

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Yes, coz we are f***ing ace. I've seen Fulham play and I wouldn't put money on that Frank hasn't been touted, but others may have.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think he'll have to actually do something of note here to really stand a chance of the biggest clubs coming in soonish. Finish in Europe places and perform well in Europe would be a start. So I'm not too worried, yet.
Yer exactly.

At the moment he's just continued what potter started. And that's the players more than the manager. He's achieved nothing yet.

More annoying is these papers stirring the pot with our team time and time again.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Frank was strongly linked to Villa before they appointed Emery. He killed off any speculation in a press conference when he said he wouldn’t be interested in the move.

Also RDZ was on the radar of big Italian clubs long before he joined us. Spurs director of football is also Italian and ex Juventus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here