Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’m exited TB says we don’t need to sell BUT wouldn’t the player in question just refuse to play for us until he forces a move ?

On the subject of signing players that also gets my juices flowing. Fati will go back to Barcelona which is no great loss. Perhaps a world class centre forward whilst Ferguson settles in for the next season or so. Only problem could be wages.
There is a difference in how RDZ will see it though, he’ll know as well as anyone that you can’t keep players who refuse to play anymore BUT that’s not the same as a club who will sell because they want the profit rather than keep a happy (or happy enough) player.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It really annoys me that nobody appears to be going after the Villa manager? Is it just his dracula like visage that puts the top teams off?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It really annoys me that nobody appears to be going after the Villa manager? Is it just his dracula like visage that puts the top teams off?

They buy don’t sell since Grealish and the smarmy looking ones arrival so maybe he doesn’t think they may have reached their ceiling and feels he can fulfil his ambitions at Villa?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You'd think someone would like him just for the oil reserves in his hair.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is there any further reports regarding Tony's plans?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He has had 2 big jobs in the past (PSG & Arsenal) and did not pull up any trees. Can't imagine that we would get offered another big club unless he does something amazing with Villa.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's that at every elite club he has managed at, he's been bullied out of his job by the players.

At Arsenal they allegedly used to openly mock him in training sessions (the "good ebening" thing was in large part player led) and at PSG, Neymar embarrassed him in front of the squad. Supposedly, the story goes that Neymar was "injured" and decided to throw his birthday party the night before a league game. Emery said no players were to attend as the focus should be on the game the following day. Not only did his player attend, he was allegedly forced to make an appearance by the owner and then play it down in the press.

Emery is clearly a very very good manager. But his record implies that he is at his best when at a club with the opportunity to overachieve (Villa, Sevilla, Villareal) and that there may be question marks over his ability to control global superstars.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Weird one that. The one thing he definitely has is an aura.
True - knowing the relationship Barca has with the press, I wonder if they had that meeting with his agents (supposedly about Ronald Araújo), leaked some interest in RDZ (not for the first time this season), and then got hit by further restrictions for next season by La Liga and had to row back. Much easier for a club like Barcelona to leak that there are concerns about his "aura" (whatever that means) rather than admit they're financially dire.

There is a reason Hansi Flick has remained the favourite for the job since it became news that Xavi was leaving. He's a winner at the elite level, he is available for free and he has no record of spending money in the transfer market and still gets results. He fits Barca currently.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course they are. They monitor literally everything we do. The Todd probably has a camera in the dressing room. Doesn't seem to have helped much #bluebillionpoundbottlejobs
I heard Chelsea Todd has been onto the top bods at Nestlé DEMANDING as many vegan KitKats they can get their hands on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here