Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women vs Spurs Sunday 15th October

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I enjoyed the game, I was in the North Stand so didn't have to endure the ridiculous queue to get into the East (what was all that about?).

I thought the standard of play was decent, disappointed with result but I think we have a team worth watching here.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I went to my first WSL game yesterday. The shambles outside was so disappointIng. It took 35 minutes to get inside and I missed the first five minutes and others were still trying to get in. The stewards were hopeless. They knew no more than we did about which gates were open and nobody dared leave the queue to find out whether gates nearer the South were open. A couple did and came back very sheepishly reporting chaos. And of course that meant that so many people weren’t spending money in the concourses, and missed the pre-game entertainment (if there was any). I suppose that also explains the dreadful queues in lower East concourse at half-time.

I was also disappointed that the club didn’t make more of the event. The people there were a completely different set to normal. It was mainly families and I think the club should have done more to welcome then. Where was Gully and Sally? Maybe they were there pre-game (when I was in the queue) but no sign at half-time. It’s easy to get 6000 people to turn-up once for a game, but the trick is to get them coming back.

The main reason I went was to find-out for myself what the WSL football is like. We’ll, it’s different. The skill levels are miles away from the mens’ game which disappointed me. I was expecting good skills with less speed, but instead found over-complicated, fast plays that didn’t work out. Doing flicks and complicated one-twos at this level will just never work. Any team that concentrates on getting the basics right will flourish in the league. Possession is given away too easily. Spurs we’re clearly more skilful in midfield and I wasn’t surprised when they pulled the score back.

All-in-all it was an entertaining, if frustrating, afternoon out, topped-off by rail engineering works meaning I had to get the dreaded bus-train from Lewes to Seaford.
I agree. I took my niece . The Club knew 6k tickets sold in east stand so a real cock up from club that people had to queue for so long

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Seen this happen before at friendlies and matches were a lot of the crowd aren't Amex regulars. They see a queue and join it not realising there are other gates open. Just need a couple of stewards to walk along the queue saying you can go up ahead and it would be sorted.
I went to speak to stewards at the top of the queue near the shop, they said that was the for everyone going into the East and we needed to stay in that unless seated in the North.
It was only when we got near the entrance that they said other gates were open further up. Perhaps they were opened in response, albeit far too late.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
There were definitely two entrances open when I went in about 40 mins before kickoff. Stewarding was actually more thorough than I've seen at some premier league games which may have contributed to the delay though I've no idea why they would do that for what was surely a fixture with less risk. I have a yellow assistance band but had my bag checked and hand held scanner put over me, and I saw a little girl (5 maybe) having the same.

Glad I didn't try and get anything from catering at half time as people were coming back well into second half saying it was taking ages. All of these issues are so frustrating as they shouldn't have happened and may well put people off coming again.

Jimmy Grimble

The steward I spoke to said the reason for the queues was just because everyone turned up at the same time…

The Swan was very surprisingly quiet before the game - but then i suppose its not all that appealing for kids and larger groups to get down the pub before a match. I used to love it when i was a kid, a half of coke and a bag of cheese n onion were the very height of haute cuisine. . . . not much has changed for me, to be honest

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This reads no different to the pre-season friendly in 2022, chaos outside and joke catering inside, both situations caused by lack of numbers and training of stewards/catering staff. I believe both ‘services’ are subcontracted out, so nice reflections of the general state of capitalism UK….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here