Jan 15, 2023
Team news.

Attachments

• 20231015_154459.jpg
    20231015_154459.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 46

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Bit of a shambles at the ground at the moment, with I reckon around 1000 people queuing to get in. I predict email inboxes will be bursting, and heads will be ROLLING on Monday. And we all know this kind of football crowd could turn NASTY.

sussexbee

Jan 15, 2023
1-0 Brighton. Terland scoring freely this season already.
Nice to see a Brighton goal from a set. piece too.
Spurs looking spritely, though not yet that turned that into much in the way of trouble.
Stands look to finally have filled up too

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Bit of a shambles at the ground at the moment, with I reckon around 1000 people queuing to get in. I predict email inboxes will be bursting, and heads will be ROLLING on Monday. And we all know this kind of football crowd could turn NASTY.
Shocking bad. Queuing at 15.40 all the way down past falmer station.
1000s missed the Brighton opener. Very poor of the club screwing up the only womens game to be played here this season. Penny pinching with too few gates open.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm very sorry to say that was shocking. No cohesion at all. Slow and leaderless.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
6,951 attendance, excellent effort. I think that may be the record, certainly higher than last season’s Amex game. Surely shows the desire for more games at the Amex, and strengthens the case for the proposed stadium.

However, not there on pitch, no edge particularly when Terland came off. Probably better than West Ham last Sunday though. Can’t run everything through Robinson and Lee, just unbalances us towards the right wing

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Disappointing afternoon, though given the way we played Spurs deserved their win. We looked slower to the ball, and slower to make decisions about what to do with it when we had it so were easily closed down and dispossessed. Too many passes going straight out of play too. Was always going to take time bed in a much changed squad, especially with some having not played in the WSL but Phillips needs to get us playing better if we want to stop shipping goals.

Down to 10th with that defeat, and next few matches are not looking like we will get much from so anything will be a bonus! Next home match is against Man Utd at Crawley and is on Sky Sports on 5th November 😬

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Great to see such a big crowd but the performance was very disappointing. Changes at half time led to some improvement but Spurs were better. Hope the side with so many new players beds down quickly.

Just to echo other comments, I have never seen such long queues at the the beginning of any game at the Amex and many missed the start. The catering at half time was hopeless. No draught Harvey’s and the lagers soon ran out! Even allowing for many children with soft drinks, this was very poor

I assume there will be a post match review and hopefully lessons learned. Not a good first impression to newcomers to the Amex.

Jimmy Grimble

I was expecting a lot more from Robinson.

Still think women’s football would be improved if they used smaller goals. Spurs’ second goal looked ridiculous.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Real shame that performance with such a big crowd. I think we all hoped they'd kick on this season given the signings, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Katie Robinson appears to be lacking in confidence and didn't take on the full back once.
Both our full backs seem to be pulled in to the middle leaving too much space for their wing players. Zigiotti was player on the match for us putting in 100% as always. Everard will be lucky to keep her place, their first was terrible keeping.
Far too slow moving the ball around and we didn't change it up, playing the same for 90 minutes which was clearly never going to work against a more determined spurs side.☹️

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I can't understand that if the Club knew they'd sold almost 7,000 tickets why they hadn't geared up for that number. I only missed the first minute, but lots of others would have missed much more. I hope this doesn't put people off of going again.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
A poor experience overall. Everyone from the station joined one long queue for the East stand but other gates were open beyond. Stewards running around like headless chickens offering no help or guidance. Eventually one of them appeared and started guided supporters to the gates beyond.

Despite this one lad appeared with a pint in the stand and no less than seven stewards raced into the crowd to intervene. Ridiculous.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I was expecting a lot more from Robinson.

Still think women’s football would be improved if they used smaller goals. Spurs’ second goal looked ridiculous.
Not enough pitches. If they used smaller goals, they wouldn't be able (at grass roots level) to share pitches with men.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We have now played 3 sides who fininished nearer the bottom last season and have lost 2 of them. After manager given the backing to sign 7/8 new players is this start a real concern

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A poor experience overall. Everyone from the station joined one long queue for the East stand but other gates were open beyond. Stewards running around like headless chickens offering no help or guidance. Eventually one of them appeared and started guided supporters to the gates beyond.

Despite this one lad appeared with a pint in the stand and no less than seven stewards raced into the crowd to intervene. Ridiculous.

Seen this happen before at friendlies and matches were a lot of the crowd aren't Amex regulars. They see a queue and join it not realising there are other gates open. Just need a couple of stewards to walk along the queue saying you can go up ahead and it would be sorted.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I went to my first WSL game yesterday. The shambles outside was so disappointIng. It took 35 minutes to get inside and I missed the first five minutes and others were still trying to get in. The stewards were hopeless. They knew no more than we did about which gates were open and nobody dared leave the queue to find out whether gates nearer the South were open. A couple did and came back very sheepishly reporting chaos. And of course that meant that so many people weren’t spending money in the concourses, and missed the pre-game entertainment (if there was any). I suppose that also explains the dreadful queues in lower East concourse at half-time.

I was also disappointed that the club didn’t make more of the event. The people there were a completely different set to normal. It was mainly families and I think the club should have done more to welcome then. Where was Gully and Sally? Maybe they were there pre-game (when I was in the queue) but no sign at half-time. It’s easy to get 6000 people to turn-up once for a game, but the trick is to get them coming back.

The main reason I went was to find-out for myself what the WSL football is like. We’ll, it’s different. The skill levels are miles away from the mens’ game which disappointed me. I was expecting good skills with less speed, but instead found over-complicated, fast plays that didn’t work out. Doing flicks and complicated one-twos at this level will just never work. Any team that concentrates on getting the basics right will flourish in the league. Possession is given away too easily. Spurs we’re clearly more skilful in midfield and I wasn’t surprised when they pulled the score back.

All-in-all it was an entertaining, if frustrating, afternoon out, topped-off by rail engineering works meaning I had to get the dreaded bus-train from Lewes to Seaford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here