Brighton vs Southampton match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1-3 full time. Reinforcements are needed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We do actually have one more game against a very good Spanish side - behind closed doors. I'm assuming that's the game where the first eleven will play together
Who's that and when?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This would have NEVER happened if Keegan had been bought down here for a long overdue Indian summer on the south coast. I am in little doubt that this is going to be a long, long season akin to 46 painful trips to the dentist to repeatedly have your wisdom ripped asunder with little or no pain relief. I say we volunteer for relegation now and save everyone the bother, and whilst we're at it sack everyone associated with this evenings pitiful performance. I feel tainted by this result, it's a disgrace of epic proportions. God help us all when Wed rock up, the football league show will make embarrassing viewing that night let me tell yer - and that has nothing to do with the cheap set/presentation/editing and punditry. God life is just awful.

I jest of course, it's good for morale.

Kosh

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We lost 3-1 to Villa real last season and still made the top six chill.

we lost to Leeds Derby and newport County at beginning of last season and still did ok.....but we all knew before this game that even if we won it the squag still needs reinforcing and time to adapt to a new style

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I remember Liverpool scraping a 2-1 win against Wrexham (I didn't remember that at all, but the point stands) and then went on to win the European Cup.

Maybe Sami wanted to rest his key players and experiment further as to whom might be pushing for the first team. Not forgetting that Southampton, despite their sales, are a better team than us.

I say this as an unqualified coach, but the be all and end all is not in the friendlies. They serve their purpose as a quasi-competitive outing, but they don't necessarily define the season ahead.

Sami is quite clearly experimenting. Is it essential that we have the our first team playing together? Maybe training has our first team playing as a unit? Maybe he doesn't have a clue?

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd be interested to hear any details on the system we're playing. Anyone?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I seem to remember a poor pre season before our last season at Withdean, people writing off the club and then somehow we won the league with 4 games to spare. Pre season means very little. The irony is the moaners on here would be saying it means nothing if we won.

Beat Sheffield Wednesday a week on Saturday and nobody will remember this match.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Friendlies mean nothing. We'd have done the double the year we beat Chelsea if they did.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Barrel of Fun;6480347 Maybe Sami wanted to rest his key players and experiment further as to whom might be pushing for the first team. Sami is quite clearly experimenting. Is it essential that we have the our first team playing together? Maybe training has our first team playing as a unit? Maybe he doesn't have a clue?[/QUOTE said:
Who are these key players he was resting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports