Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Southampton match thread

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Adam Virgo ‏@Adamvirgs19 1m
Poor performance tonight from Brighton needed more tempo going forward gave away the ball too easily, Southampton different class tonight.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Fans are stating the obvious...'We need new players'...do you honestly think the club do not know that,you know it and I know it. Getting them is not so easy...Fees,wages,Agent Fees,Bonuses,resettlement grants,signing on fees...the board and all the fans want what is best for the club,it will come in time...

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We all want BHA to win every game going but its not going to happen. If we lose I still want to see a good fighting spirit and never say die attitude from all the players. I want to see shots on goals/plenty of chances and something the fans can talk about on their way home. Its a bit different with a friendly game, no-one tries hard from our point of view, (just the opposition, damn them). Friendlies are about getting into a system of playing and getting fit and evolving without too much emphasis on losing if plan A or plan B works or not. No points are available from friendlies, just building confidence and team play. Keep on losing though and confidence falls. Lets see whats around the corner and give our support. Its next weekend that counts really.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Let's all kill ourselves because we lost to a Premier League team in a friendly

Do people get seriously worried if we lose to a team who were the eighth best in the county last year? Regardless of who they have lost, they still have some quality in there as any club that can produce players like Southampton can are going to

A lot of Brighton fans need a serious reality check

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Means nothing really. Southampton could equally take heart from this and sink. We'll know after a few league games. So will Sami. Up the Albion and all that.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Two teams with new managers and a loss of key players to transfers. One with an outstanding academy and premier league nous and one with a collection of newbies, crocks and journeymen.

I still think well do well...just not in the first 5 or six games.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
In first half, looked like 4-4-2, with Crofts wide right and Fenelon left midfield, and March in behind O'Grady. To be honest looked like no shape or balance.
We looked awful!
Second half was better in a more familiar 4-3-3.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think a lot of credit should go to Southampton tonight. They were very good, had some decent players and exposed BHAs defensive line numerous times especially in the first half. We struggled to keep the ball and gave it away far too easily with JFC being the main culprit. O Grady was a spectator for the time he was on and probably touched the ball half a dozen times at most. We improved after the break slightly with lua lua looking the most likely to make something happen.
It will be an interesting week ahead to see if we manage to get a player or two in.......

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think a lot of credit should go to Southampton tonight. They were very good, had some decent players and exposed BHAs defensive line numerous times especially in the first half. We struggled to keep the ball and gave it away far too easily with JFC being the main culprit. O Grady was a spectator for the time he was on and probably touched the ball half a dozen times at most. We improved after the break slightly with lua lua looking the most likely to make something happen.
It will be an interesting week ahead to see if we manage to get a player or two in.......
We also made Crawley and Posh look good. I think this pre season has been very disappointing for us. Might as well have the bad games now and learn from them.
My main gripe is this sitting back and waiting to counter attack. Could be another long season where we only create a couple of chances in 90mins,

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gone 11pm and no post game quotes from Sami? via the Official site or the media outlets. Is he that unhappy?

He'd hardly be anything else based on that woeful display. Inept would be an under-statement.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
i seem to remember a poor pre season before our last season at withdean, people writing off the club and then somehow we won the league with 4 games to spare. Pre season means very little. the irony is the moaners on here would be saying it means nothing if we won.

beat sheffield wednesday a week on saturday and nobody will remember this match.

Exactly!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For sure, just seems strange that he or Nathan Jones hasn't given the press or the official site any feedback, if only to say the performance was unacceptable.

The Argus etc have published stuff overnight.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...signings_to_make_Albion_promotion_contenders/
and the official site
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hyypia-saints-showed-their-quality-1796694.aspx

Hyypia's quotes largely reflected opinion on here. 1) I need 3-4 more players including Ulloa replacement quickly 2) Saints outclassed us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here