[Football] Brighton Vs Liverpool Tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m happy to discuss football with anyone but I also find plastics hard to take seriously. Ones that say ‘Brighton have never won anything’ particularly irritate me. Oh I must have imagined x titles and a play off final win then - and even promotion.

Had it earlier, some of the local kids who mean well started giving me Brighton get battered everywhere they go. They mean no harm but will always be met with 2 fingers at them and a reminder they are from Sussex. It irks me when plastics dig out the Albion on football results - absolutely don’t get it.

Had it Friday with a mate after a few. Chelsea ‘fan’. Kept saying ‘you took 4,200 to our place and got beat’ ‘4,200 this and that’. I was like, yeh that’s brilliant isn’t it for midweek in the league cup. His logic was there were more there to watch us lose. Just don’t get it do they. £1billion and keeping the ball in the corner vs us to get through in the league cup 😬🤣
I'm a bit uncompromising. Anyone who supports a 'big' club they have no family/residential connection to is a second class football fan whose opinion I don't even countenance. I may make an allowance if they watch them as a STH.

Thus fans of lower league clubs are top of the pile for me. That's why I scold 'tinpot' comments on here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m happy to discuss football with anyone but I also find plastics hard to take seriously. Ones that say ‘Brighton have never won anything’ particularly irritate me. Oh I must have imagined x titles and a play off final win then - and even promotion.

Had it earlier, some of the local kids who mean well started giving me Brighton get battered everywhere they go. They mean no harm but will always be met with 2 fingers at them and a reminder they are from Sussex. It irks me when plastics dig out the Albion on football results - absolutely don’t get it.

Had it Friday with a mate after a few. Chelsea ‘fan’. Kept saying ‘you took 4,200 to our place and got beat’ ‘4,200 this and that’. I was like, yeh that’s brilliant isn’t it for midweek in the league cup. His logic was there were more there to watch us lose. Just don’t get it do they. £1billion and keeping the ball in the corner vs us to get through in the league cup 😬🤣
I had a whatsapp from a mate after yesterday’s game……….’what the hell has gone wrong at your club’. Local plastics are in my experience the absolute worst for gloating when we have a bad result. He’s mid 60s, from Cardiff (been in Worthing for years) and supports….Man U (never been to Old Trafford, obvs). I just replied saying we don’t find all teams as easy to beat as Man U. I did of course message him a bit later after they lost.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I had a whatsapp from a mate after yesterday’s game……….’what the hell has gone wrong at your club’. Local plastics are in my experience the absolute worst for gloating when we have a bad result. He’s mid 60s, from Cardiff (been in Worthing for years) and supports….Man U (never been to Old Trafford, obvs). I just replied saying we don’t find all teams as easy to beat as Man U. I did of course message him a bit later after they lost.
My Man U brother-in-law asked me what was going wrong - I replied that it was because we had come up against a proper team who tackled, attacked and were full of fight. Unlike the teams we beat 3-1 recently....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The 100 year old relative scam is how Liverpool pass on season tickets so that the waiting list never comes down. Source? Liverpool STH mate.
Yes, you’re right. I know Liverpool fans who can’t get tickets because of it and I know others who play the system in this way to get tickets. It’s actually amazing up here the proportion of people you speak to who go to games using a ‘family’ or ‘mate’s ticket. Basically a closed shop. I still don’t think it very pleasant to aim a jibe at someone you think (maybe correctly) is a Liverpool fan using phrases like stealing tickets or getting them from dead fans. The earlier poster talking about queuing and getting in legally was making a similar Hillsborough victim blaming point. If you don’t know how that can be taken then perhaps Liverpool threads aren’t for you. I see another Liverpool thread has popped up on here with ‘injustice’ in the title and I’m sure the same old suspects will be all over it. How long before accusations Liverpool fans tear-gassed themselves in Paris last year I wonder.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I'm a bit uncompromising. Anyone who supports a 'big' club they have no family/residential connection to is a second class football fan whose opinion I don't even countenance. I may make an allowance if they watch them as a STH.

Thus fans of lower league clubs are top of the pile for me. That's why I scold 'tinpot' comments on here.
I don’t really give a shit who people support, it’s their choice.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Same here ... life is too short and there are many more things to get angry and perplexed about than why someone supports a particular team!
Indeed, I’ve always gone on the basis that you don’t choose who to support, they choose you. I’m safe in the knowledge that anyone that “chooses” to support a particular champion or cup winner, miles away with no connection will never feel what you/I feel. But that’s their loss not mine.

NB that doesn’t mean you have to support a shit team. I spent a lot of time in Manchester in the late 90s and both United and City have have some cracking supporters that live and breathe their local teams.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, you’re right. I know Liverpool fans who can’t get tickets because of it and I know others who play the system in this way to get tickets. It’s actually amazing up here the proportion of people you speak to who go to games using a ‘family’ or ‘mate’s ticket. Basically a closed shop. I still don’t think it very pleasant to aim a jibe at someone you think (maybe correctly) is a Liverpool fan using phrases like stealing tickets or getting them from dead fans. The earlier poster talking about queuing and getting in legally was making a similar Hillsborough victim blaming point. If you don’t know how that can be taken then perhaps Liverpool threads aren’t for you. I see another Liverpool thread has popped up on here with ‘injustice’ in the title and I’m sure the same old suspects will be all over it. How long before accusations Liverpool fans tear-gassed themselves in Paris last year I wonder.
You can certainly spot those with a soft spot for Liverpool on NSC. More than there should be.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You can certainly spot those with a soft spot for Liverpool on NSC. More than there should be.
My father was born in Liverpool and grew up there and supported them. That rubbed off on me when I started to get into football in 1970 as a young boy of 8 years old. My dad worked every Saturday all his working life when he moved down south - so he wasn’t able to take me to football locally. Since moving to Sussex I am very much a Brighton fan and I 100% want us to win next Sunday. But yes, I still have a ‘soft spot’ for Liverpool and I will not apologise for that!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If that’s a dig at me then you couldn’t be more wrong.
That's odd because you bite every single time. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

You're far from the only one though, quite a few who'd have a half and half scarf on here these days.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That's odd because you bite every single time. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

You're far from the only one though, quite a few who'd have a half and half scarf on here these days.
All @Neville's Breakfast does when it comes down to Liverpool is call out the pathetic stereo typical comments we see so often on here with thinly disguised comments relating to Hillsborough for example. That’s just being a decent person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
All @Neville's Breakfast does when it comes down to Liverpool is call out the pathetic stereo typical comments we see so often on here with thinly disguised comments relating to Hillsborough for example. That’s just being a decent person.
And where's the Hillsborough reference in taking the piss out of an obvious Liverpool fan coming on here looking for tickets?

It's as bad as Leeds - you can't mention any fight or any stabbing on Twitter in any context in conversation that a Leeds fan's part of without a load of them ganging up on you because they think it's an Istanbul reference. Completely obsessed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When you say ‘bite’ you mean I contribute my opinion when I read unpleasant and ignorant comments about the city I work in and live across the river from. I grew up in Sussex detesting Liverpool because they won everything but I have never felt the need to make deeply unpleasant references to and repeat lies about 96 of their fans dying at Hillsborough. By contrast you were one of the first to blame Liverpool fans for the ineptness of the French authorities last year. Why would you want to troll about something so awful and why would you expect me not to ‘bite’ when you are talking about the place I live and work. The only team on Merseyside I follow are Tranmere Rovers because they are the Birkenhead team and it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the ground. I find your surprise at the offence you cause really staggering. I can’t even put you on ignore because somehow you are a mod despite spending a lot of your time winding up members of the NSC community.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
When you say ‘bite’ you mean I contribute my opinion when I read unpleasant and ignorant comments about the city I work in and live across the river from. I grew up in Sussex detesting Liverpool because they won everything but I have never felt the need to make deeply unpleasant references to and repeat lies about 96 of their fans dying at Hillsborough. By contrast you were one of the first to blame Liverpool fans for the ineptness of the French authorities last year. Why would you want to troll about something so awful and why would you expect me not to ‘bite’ when you are talking about the place I live and work. The only team on Merseyside I follow are Tranmere Rovers because they are the Birkenhead team and it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the ground. I find your surprise at the offence you cause really staggering. I can’t even put you on ignore because somehow you are a mod despite spending a lot of your time winding up members of the NSC community.
Quite!! I tried to put him on ignore too ... I have no idea why he's allowed to continue as a mod!!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
And where's the Hillsborough reference in taking the piss out of an obvious Liverpool fan coming on here looking for tickets?

It's as bad as Leeds - you can't mention any fight or any stabbing on Twitter in any context in conversation that a Leeds fan's part of without a load of them ganging up on you because they think it's an Istanbul reference. Completely obsessed.
Well here's one example on this thread ...

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 09.33.39.png

But then I didn't specifically reference this thread ... it happens frequently whenever there's a thread about Liverpool, as @Neville's Breakfast explained very clearly!.

As a Mod I'm staggered you can't see it !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That is quite frankly pathetic. You wouldn’t make reference to ‘stealing tickets’ about any other set of fans. Take a look at yourself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a question about the Liverpool game...

So, I pay for the Father-in-Law's Season Ticket - and he can't make it to the Liverpool game. A good friend of mine who is an Albion supporter and an Albion+ paying member wants to come along.

Father in Law goes to transfer the ticket to him and it flags up "Category A match - £12 to transfer"

Why? The ticket is fully paid for, my friend has paid his Albion+ Membership - yet the club still wants £12 to transfer the ticket, with no human input whatsoever and no cost to the club.

Am I being tight here, or am I justified in feeling I've had my trousers pulled down and I've been slapped on the arse cheek.
It costs money to set up and maintain a ticket share/transfer system. Someone has to pay for it. 'The user' would be my preference. As this is a high-demand match anyone with a spare ticket will be being harassed by their Liverpool-supporting mate, so the fee can safely be upped for this match, while making it proportionately cheaper for the same process when we play the likes of Forest on a wet Tuesday evening.

It is the fair and judicious application of capitalism. Something I'm very relaxed about.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

And on the 'injustice' thread ... this one, clearly referring to the 'always the victim' jibe!

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 09.46.55.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports