[Football] Brighton Vs Liverpool Tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I have a question about the Liverpool game...

So, I pay for the Father-in-Law's Season Ticket - and he can't make it to the Liverpool game. A good friend of mine who is an Albion supporter and an Albion+ paying member wants to come along.

Father in Law goes to transfer the ticket to him and it flags up "Category A match - £12 to transfer"

Why? The ticket is fully paid for, my friend has paid his Albion+ Membership - yet the club still wants £12 to transfer the ticket, with no human input whatsoever and no cost to the club.

Am I being tight here, or am I justified in feeling I've had my trousers pulled down and I've been slapped on the arse cheek.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

So, I pay for the Father-in-Law's Season Ticket - and he can't make it to the Liverpool game. A good friend of mine who is an Albion supporter and an Albion+ paying member wants to come along.

Father in Law goes to transfer the ticket to him and it flags up "Category A match - £12 to transfer"

Why? The ticket is fully paid for, my friend has paid his Albion+ Membership - yet the club still wants £12 to transfer the ticket, with no human input whatsoever and no cost to the club.

Am I being tight here, or am I justified in feeling I've had my trousers pulled down and I've been slapped on the arse cheek.
I’m guessing the thinking is that if you put it on the exchange it will sell for a higher price than if you put say a Sheffield Utd ticket on there. All they are doing is maintaining the price differential. Whilst it may be the same value to you it is not the same value on the open market. Maybe it’s in the t and c’s of your ST ?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

You have to pay extra to share tickets or is it that your father in law is a concession?

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Hi all, I know that this request is late, but does anyone know if anyone is selling tickets for the Liverpool home game? I'm looking for just 2 tickets together anywhere in the ground.
If you just turn up there are always a few touts at falmer station with paper tickets for sale 👍🏻

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
No, I pay 'full price' for him (even though he may be a concession, but it's WSL so I din't think there are any?). My friend is on his 'Friends & Family' list also.

Just a bit disappointed as it's all paid for (the ticket), the person receiving it has paid a fee to be MyAlbion+, yet there's a further fee for a process which costs the club bugger all...

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
No, I pay 'full price' for him (even though he may be a concession, but it's WSL so I din't think there are any?). My friend is on his 'Friends & Family' list also.

Just a bit disappointed as it's all paid for (the ticket), the person receiving it has paid a fee to be MyAlbion+, yet there's a further fee for a process which costs the club bugger all...
Think I had to pay a fiver 'admin fee' for doing the same last season. If that's risen to £12 that's pretty disgraceful imho

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

First share of the season is free, then it’s either £20 flat fee for the rest of the season or a match by match fee. Seems you’ve discovered cat A match is £12 (as the club doesn’t seem to have published the prices anywhere). However the system must think his season ticket has already been shared this season as the first one shouldn’t have a charge. If it hasn’t already been shared I suggest you call supporter services to query the charge. Or if has already been shared I’d suggest you pay the £20 to enable sharing for the rest of the season.

You obviously missed the huge uproar on NSC when the fees for sharing were introduced. There were a lot of strong opinions on the matter!

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hi all, I know that this request is late, but does anyone know if anyone is selling tickets for the Liverpool home game? I'm looking for just 2 tickets together anywhere in the ground.
IMG_6365.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do have a My Albion + membership and I live in Worthing.
No probs then - buy resale tickets on the site? If you’ve already got the membership presumably you’ve bought tickets before?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just steal a couple. Or see if you can get a ticket passed on from a dead Brighton STH.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A bit of gentle and amusing teasing from most other posters then you pile in with this. What is wrong with you ?
The 100 year old relative scam is how Liverpool pass on season tickets so that the waiting list never comes down. Source? Liverpool STH mate.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The 100 year old relative scam is how Liverpool pass on season tickets so that the waiting list never comes down. Source? Liverpool STH mate.
I don’t like everyone jumping on the OP calling them a scouser. Clearly not true. A plastic Liverpool fan is not a scouser.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don’t like everyone jumping on the OP calling them a scouser. Clearly not true. A plastic Liverpool fan is not a scouser.
Fair point. I can’t imagine a real scouser would need our help to defraud the club.

@Neville's Breakfast

:moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair point. I can’t imagine a real scouser would need our help to defraud the club.

@Neville's Breakfast

:moo:

I’m happy to discuss football with anyone but I also find plastics hard to take seriously. Ones that say ‘Brighton have never won anything’ particularly irritate me. Oh I must have imagined x titles and a play off final win then - and even promotion.

Had it earlier, some of the local kids who mean well started giving me Brighton get battered everywhere they go. They mean no harm but will always be met with 2 fingers at them and a reminder they are from Sussex. It irks me when plastics dig out the Albion on football results - absolutely don’t get it.

Had it Friday with a mate after a few. Chelsea ‘fan’. Kept saying ‘you took 4,200 to our place and got beat’ ‘4,200 this and that’. I was like, yeh that’s brilliant isn’t it for midweek in the league cup. His logic was there were more there to watch us lose. Just don’t get it do they. £1billion and keeping the ball in the corner vs us to get through in the league cup 😬🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports