Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Man utd

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If Beckham is 37 (?), he would have been 7 in 1982 ???

Scored with a little chip at Smellhurst around 96/7 to announce his arrival IIRC ???

Beckham made his professional debut at the Goldstone in a cup game in 1992. I remember the north stand singing 'who the f*cking hell are you' to him.:D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We also drew 1-1 that season at Old Trafford, I think it was Moran who rescued a point at Old Trafford after Andy Ritchie had scored to give us the lead.

Still were relegated though.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
went 2-0 up in a cup game at old trafford but drew

lost the replay

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two things from that first video. What the hell did Clough do to Peter Ward in those two years? Had Ward been injured? and that tackle from Coppell would have been a straight red these days, no question.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Two things from that first video. What the hell did Clough do to Peter Ward in those two years? Had Ward been injured? and that tackle from Coppell at the end would have been a straight red these days, no question.

Just watched the whole 20 mins of highlights and thought exactly the same straight red for coppell and also wardy never looked the explosive Peter ward in his second spell At the club as he did in the 70s

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Norman Whiteside make his debut in that game for man utd

No, that was the year before, came on as a sub. 16 or 17 years old i think he was..

i thought that beckam came on as a sub to make his debut , prob wrong but i vaugley remember singing who are ya

No, that was in September 1992

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Well that's wrong.

Watch the Albion score, 30 seconds after David "Who-the-f***ing-hell-are-you?" Beckham comes on.

[yt]HytBc5A3do0[/yt]

I apologised a couple of posts down LB, I quoted the wrong person. I should have quoted Mr soprano regarding Norman Whiteside.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Two things from that first video. What the hell did Clough do to Peter Ward in those two years?

It wasn't Clough. It was Ward growing a tache. Never the same player afterwards. The stats back me up.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
In 1982 Beckham would been aged about 5yrs. I know they sign them young these days but sure it was later, but it was V BHA.

Thanks for all your help, knew NSC would be my best port of call.

Not been on here for ages. Maybe a time for a return.

Merry New Year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here