Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton to Stadium

Hatters Travel

Aug 5, 2023
Luton fan here hoping for some advice for Saturday. Planning on arriving early in Brighton with the family, then heading to the game, then back to Brighton afterwards.
What's the easiest way to get from Brighton to the ground and back? Will have the car but wondered if public transport was easier?

Cheers

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Luton fan here hoping for some advice for Saturday. Planning on arriving early in Brighton with the family, then heading to the game, then back to Brighton afterwards.
What's the easiest way to get from Brighton to the ground and back? Will have the car but wondered if public transport was easier?

Cheers
Public transport way easier than finding parking near the ground. Your ticket(s) includes free train/bus rides from Brighton (and a lot further out too). If you’re in Brighton itself, I’d suggest leaving the car there and getting a free train to Falmer (10 mins). The station is a 5 min walk from the stadium; you’ll see it on arrival at Falmer.

I trust you’ll enjoy your day out but not the result!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not sure if there will be any industrial action on the railway reducing the service to the stadium but a few bus numbers go there as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and really sorry the front of the station will look like downtown Baghdad after the yanks have rolled through.

Apparently the natives like the city grubby-chic, I would say there's nowhere in the city grubbier, but that would be a lie.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to buck the trend above, possibly.

If you drive into central Brighton, you've got parking to contend with (finding it and paying for it) and, additionally, it may take you longer to get back to Brighton and your car after the game than you'd like due to the post-game queue at Falmer Station.

If you're getting to Brighton early means, say 10-11am, I'd probably drive to Stanmer Park, close to the ground, park up there (free) and walk over to Falmer Station and catch the train into Brighton for your pre-game food and drink etc. Then catch the train back to Falmer for the match and then, after the game, you've got a short walk back to the car to get away - no waiting for the train required.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just be wary of the pies in the ground as the pie gravy can be as hot as hot pie gravy.

I was horribly disfigured from an awful Balti accident three seasons ago.
It was like napalm … I couldn’t get it off my skin.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If you drive into central Brighton, you've got parking to contend with (finding it and paying for it) and, additionally, it may take you longer to get back to Brighton and your car after the game than you'd like due to the post-game queue at Falmer Station.

If you're getting to Brighton early means, say 10-11am, I'd probably drive to Stanmer Park, close to the ground, park up there (free) and walk over to Falmer Station and catch the train into Brighton for your pre-game food and drink etc. Then catch the train back to Falmer for the match and then, after the game, you've got a short walk back to the car to get away - no waiting for the train required.
Was just going to post the same…you beat me to it…especially about the cost of parking in Brighton 👀

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

This works well, but as someone that does it often I’d rather word didn’t get around…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thought no trains next week? Basically need to be at Mill Road P&R by Thursday don’t we, those of us driving from north and West?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This works well, but as someone that does it often I’d rather word didn’t get around…
I was only suggesting it for someone who was planning on a very early arrival.

Generally, it feels like the previous parking secrets are quite widely known now. I often parked at Wild Park - similarly easy and free - but the arrival time required to get a space was getting earlier and earlier. Then the risk becomes arriving, finding no spaces and having to come up with a Plan B, when there aren't too many options.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Cheers

Not clear, but if you're staying in Brighton overnight, park where you're staying (if included) and train in and out to stadium. If it's a day trip, as @Bozza described above. Have a great day out and a poor result :wink:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
HT. I drive down from north Bucks. Have you considered parking at Haywards Heath train station for the day (about £3) then your match tickets include free train travel from there down into Brighton station (about a 20 minute train journey) and free train journey to the stadium at Falmer, then post match you can get a free train from Falmer to Lewes, then Lewes to Haywards Heath (saves going back into Brighton post match). So the entire cost to you/family is just the £3 parking at HH train station. Free travel runs from 12 noon until 8pm, for a 3.00pm kick off. It’s what I often do. And to be certain, you need to be at Brighton station by about 1.45pm for the 7 minute journey to Falmer, to avoid the late crush and crowds.

This means you can get a good 90 minutes in one of the many pubs near Brighton station. Although if you have colours, you need to check in advance which pubs host visiting fans.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thanks, we will get there early to experience you're wonderful stadium. We need to make the most of these trips, chances are we will only be here for a season.
There's always plenty going on, arrive early and soak up the Premiership atmosphere

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Learning all the time. I never knew we were able to park in Stanmer Park let alone for free. What time do you have to get there for a space ?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
HT. I drive down from north Bucks. Have you considered parking at Haywards Heath train station for the day (about £3) then your match tickets include free train travel from there down into Brighton station (about a 20 minute train journey) and free train journey to the stadium at Falmer, then post match you can get a free train from Falmer to Lewes, then Lewes to Haywards Heath (saves going back into Brighton post match). So the entire cost to you/family is just the £3 parking at HH train station. Free travel runs from 12 noon until 8pm, for a 3.00pm kick off. It’s what I often do. And to be certain, you need to be at Brighton station by about 1.45pm for the 7 minute journey to Falmer, to avoid the late crush and crowds.

This means you can get a good 90 minutes in one of the many pubs near Brighton station. Although if you have colours, you need to check in advance which pubs host visiting fans.
Now this is the kind of logistical ’dark arts’ that you can only find here. I’d follow this advice.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
As you said you were coming in early and plan to go into Brighton after, I would park at Brighton Station for the day.
Brighton Station is on the edge of North Laine or a 5 minute walk to the seafront.
As said your tickets give free travel to and from Brighton to the Amex at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here