Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to re-sign Hammond

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Even though we don't need him but because he's played for MA at two teams and his is available what chance of Mr Cullip coming back ? (It's thought that doesn't warm my cockles much).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a great signing, IMHO, but seems unlikely...

D

Deleted User X18H

Tug Wilson to re sign for the Albion..................

.........118 year old Tug Wilson who played for 509 times for Albion in the 1920's and 30's is to resign tomorrow or very soon.... Adam Virgo was made aware of this prior to signing yesterday Virgo said 'can't believe I will be playing with Tug he's dead good'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
.........118 year old Tug Wilson who played for 509 times for Albion in the 1920's and 30's is to resign tomorrow or very soon.... Adam Virgo was made aware of this prior to signing yesterday Virgo said 'can't believe I will be playing with Tug he's dead good'.

I never saw him play by I heard he's rotten now.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It amazes me that some people are still so way off the mark with their assumed reasons why Dean Hammond left BHA.

FFS, enlighten us to your version. As ever, you don't need to reveal your sources.

I heard at the time from a family member of a current player, Hammond really didn't want to leave us. I was always sceptical to believe it as I believed it was down to the money.

Still, I would be surprised if this rumour is true, but then it seems anything could happen at the moment!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My fault I'm sure, but the only two enduring images I have of Hammond are:

a) He never missed a penalty

b) He got sent off, went to kick a traffic cone, and MISSED

Er, that's about it... :shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How many of those are still here with us?

I thought the story went that it was Uncle Dick who didn't have much time for the fella. So, yes, the key person who didn't rate him IS still at the club.

For what it's worth I'd be pleased to see him come back, as I rated the guy.

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
You wait - one of Mickey's first signings first time around was Darren Freeman . . .
i am saying no more but just wait for a week or two.

Dazza will have the tea bar in the North stand running properly you mark my words !!

That's if he's not to scarce of time, boxing :bounce:

seagullstu

Jun 30, 2008
Update- I can confirm that Brighton will now not be signing Hammond due to the player upping his wage demands. All details were agreed until Hammond found out that Adam Virgo was being paid more than Hammond was offered. ( Virgo is currently the highest paid player at the albion). Hammond's agent went back to knight asking for £500 extra per week. Knight refused straight away and has withdrawn the offer.

Brighton will now sign their 2nd choice midfielder on a free transfer to be confirmed late tomorrow or Friday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is this entire thread just an excuse to go back over old ground and have another pop at Hammond?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Update- I can confirm that Brighton will now not be signing Hammond due to the player upping his wage demands. All details were agreed until Hammond found out that Adam Virgo was being paid more than Hammond was offered. ( Virgo is currently the highest paid player at the albion). Hammond's agent went back to knight asking for £500 extra per week. Knight refused straight away and has withdrawn the offer.

Brighton will now sign their 2nd choice midfielder on a free transfer to be confirmed late tomorrow or Friday.

lol...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here