Brighton to re-sign Hammond

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullstu

Jun 30, 2008
This is my 1st message. Before you start sending abuse, please just wait about 1 week for this story to be confirmed.

Brighton have agreed a fee with Colchester United to re-sign Dean Hammond. The fee is £75,000 upfront, with colchester not paying the remaining £125,000 they still owe for hammonds signing in January. Total deal is £225,000.

Adam Virgo was made aware of this signing before he agreed to re-sign for the Albion.

Hammond is due to sign a 3 year contract. However, He will not be re-named captain as this is likely to be split between Virgo, Elphick, and Forster.

Don't ask me how I know this information. Just wait and you will see I'm correct.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Unlikely.

Do you think the players would want a player back who just left them half-way through the previous season just to get some more money.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Source?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unlikely.

Do you think the players would want a player back who just left them half-way through the previous season just to get some more money.

Frankly doubt they would give a f***.....

..........................can he play left back?

:dunce:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Would be very interesting to see how that works. Hammond left here under a real cloud because it was all about the money.

Cant see him winning the fans over or indeed DK.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Brighton have agreed a fee with Colchester United to re-sign Dean Hammond. The fee is £75,000 upfront, with colchester not paying the remaining £125,000 they still owe for hammonds signing in January. Total deal is £225,000.

I'll just concentrate on the maths, not the veracity! £125k + £75k=£200k; not £225k. Surely there's £25k missing if that is a deal.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Adams , Virgo, Rehman, Hammond ... seriously i'm thinking my Jones joke might ACTUALLY come true :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unlikely.

If that was the reason he left, the other players wouldn't think bad of him for doing that. Far from it.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think he is as good as Hammond though, so we are replacing him with a less talented player.

Jimmy Grimble

IF it is true, could this say something else about Wilkins management?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Judging by our attempts to build a retro-Albion I wouldn't bet against this happening...is there anyone else out there who we could try to bring back again, maybe we could try to hijack the move of Gareth Barry from Villa to Liverpool...he was really one of ours, originally!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
WTF is going on at the moment? Are we taking the Gary Hart testimonial a little too far by re-signing all the players we would like to feature?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports