Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton the on-line buying capital of UK this Christmas.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He's right though isn't he. Who wants to go and buy a dusty old second hand 12" record from a fat bloke with a goatee in a damp smelling shop, when you can buy a nice shiny Take That CD from an HMV superstore, perhaps picking up Tour of Duty for your xbox whilst you're there.

:wink:

Therein lies the problem have to you seen the prices HMV are trying to mug you off with ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
very true - the only reason to go there is when they have multi-buy offers on dvd/games etc

even then probably works out dearer per item - why bother when there is amazon?

The multi buy offers invariably work out more expensive than getting them online.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The lack of major shopping centers in Brighton surprised me when I moved here, In Perth they've got 3/4 major shopping centers with another 10 or so smaller ones.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The lack of major shopping centers in Brighton surprised me when I moved here, In Perth they've got 3/4 major shopping centers with another 10 or so smaller ones.

Perth has a population of 1.8 Million.
Brighton and Hove has a population of 273,000.

That probably explains why Perth has more shopping centres then.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Wife likes some of the independent shops in Brighton for a change,but hates the parking charges and hassle,so doesn't visit as much as she might from over here in the Chichester area.
Less aggro for us to go all the way to Bournemouth or WestQuay in Southampton.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
You could get four storeys there with one underground. There's plenty of parking in the vicinity.

Not when the surrounding buildings are listed and oppose having extra storeys being built, because it damages their view! I kid you not. The building itself is listed and can't be built on.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
This is a good idea and something I keep meaning to do. Getting to a Westfield or Oxford Street costs £10 for a travelcard and takes an hour of your time. Compare that to Brighton, where you'll pay £4.50 on the bus or a similar amount to park and probably take 30 minutes to get there and it's a no-brainer.

Lugging stuff back on the train is not fun though, especially when you can't sit down.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
All for the shift to online shopping - at least when you are in the privacy of your living room you don't have to listen to piss-poor autotune RnB music at 1 million decibels, and have some cretinous A-Level student following you round the shop asking you 'Are you alright there?' through a false shit eating grin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here