Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton the least clinical side in the championship?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Think we need to just settle for one defensive midfielder. He appears to have been playing two since Bridcutt left and it just doesn't give us enough bodies up front. Barnes leaving and the injury to Crofts had meant no real penetration into opposing 18 yd box, other than Ulloa who can't get on the end of everything that manages to get there ( and when it does, he seems to forget how to stick it away). With injuries to Hoskins and CMH, there are precious few alternatives. If there are players available to borrow, I suspect the decent ones are too rdpensive and the cheaper ones - well that's why they are avaiable and cheap!

I agree with the 1 defensive midfielder point. CERTAINLY at home. Since Crofts injury has this been a more personnel based decision though?

I think we look at our best with one holding, one box to box type (Crofts, Stephens) and one more advanced (JFC, Orlandi.) Quite a lot of this season the central midfield has been making the best of a bad situation with injuries.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Defensively we are brilliant because we have been able to pretty much pick the same players for every game.
I don't know when the last time was that we were able to pick the same midfield and attack 2 games on the trot but for me, that is the issue. It is rather difficult to play to any given style if you cannot pick the same team consistently.

This for me, while to back 5 has been pretty much the same all season, we've barley been able to play a consistent front 6 for a more than a couple of games in row, due largely to injury, this especially problematic when you consider how much training and learning to play together these injured players have missed out on this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here