Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Sign Millwall Defender on Loan

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Millwall defender Joe Dolan has cut short his loan spell at Stockport to join Brighton for a month-long period.

The uncompromising centre-back worked with current Albion boss Mark McGhee at The Den and will provide cover for Adam Hinshelwood, who is struggling with a knee injury.

Dolan, 24, could make his Brighton debut in the match against Coventry on April 2.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
With the news about Hinsh's injury, this is a good move by MM. He obviously knows the player from his days at Millwall and I trust he'll be able to do a job for us.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: thats good new , but only for a month :(

1 down ...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sauce?

Edit: seen it on the Millwall site.

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Would it be possible for us to take him on longer, so say once the month has ended we can keep him for as long as we want but Millwall can recall him whenever they need him back after the 1 month?

*f***ing 503 errors:angry: *

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Stockport are doing terribly but it seems he's done well for them.From one of their sites:

County have been dealt another blow prior to the end of the transfer window, as central defender Joe Dolan has cut short his loan spell from Millwall to link up with former manager Mark McGhee at Brighton. Dolan has joined the Seagulls on loan for a month to ease their injury crisis.

County manager Chris Turner had been hoping to turn Dolan's loan spell into a permanent deal although those plans appear to have been scuppered after the player cut short his loan spell to join Championship side Brighton on loan. Brighton manager Mark McGhee had recommended the player to Chris Turner in the first place, so it makes you wonder if his long-term plan was to get Dolan fit before snapping him up for himself.
Dolan had been a very good acquisition for the past month and a half so it is a major blow to County to have lost a decent player. Hopefully the club can do something in the summer to bring him back to Edgeley Park although it's highly unlikely.

Joe departs having made 11 appearances for the Hatters in which time he also managed to score 1 goal.

Another great move - we need experience for our relegation scrap and this guy just has that little bit more than Hinsh.

While it's a concern to quickly gel a new central defensive partnership, the fact that McGhee knows the player inside out means I think this work will be done quickly.

I know I seem to be the only one on NSC who thinks this, but I don't think Hinsh has been entirely infallable since Christmas, and has been at fault for a fair few goals since then. If we had signed Cullip back, Hinsh would have gone back to the bench now, IMHO.

Obviously this guy is no Cullip, but it's experience and nous that wins you relegation scraps - so I'm heartened.

What we really have to pray for now is no more injuries, as the margin for error now is getting very thin.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Another great move - we need experience for our relegation scrap and this guy just has that little bit more than Hinsh.

While it's a concern to quickly gel a new central defensive partnership, the fact that McGhee knows the player inside out means I think this work will be done quickly.

I know I seem to be the only one on NSC who thinks this, but I don't think Hinsh has been entirely infallable since Christmas, and has been at fault for a fair few goals since then. If we had signed Cullip back, Hinsh would have gone back to the bench now, IMHO.

Obviously this guy is no Cullip, but it's experience and nous that wins you relegation scraps - so I'm heartened.

What we really have to pray for now is no more injuries, as the margin for error now is getting very thin.

You are making him out to be a player with great experience of relegation scraps when he clearly isn't. He's played 58 games in his career.

Hardly a lot over 6 seasons is it?

But Chappers, that's hardly surprising if he's been at high-level clubs like Millwall though? Squad players don't rack up the games, but they are part of these higher-level clubs for a reason. Big Mac is similar.

Give him a chance to show what he can do, yeah?

the right footed denilson said:

Thanks for that enlightening contribution.:lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

Give him a chance to show what he can do, yeah?

Of course, I'm just saying that this is a step back IMHO. This guy mat be a great player, McGhee clearly rates him. He's just not played any football at this level. Millwall are hardly blessed with loads of centre backs to keep him out of the side are they?

the right footed denilson said:
i think the point chappers was making was that you said he is expereicned which he clearly isnt.

Play semantic games if you want. The point I was making is that he is a little bit older, been around football a little bit longer, has experienced a few more different situations and challenges than the guy he is likely replacing in the team.

Have you already decided he'll be no good for us then? On the basis of, what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here