Brighton show interest in taking Jack Butland on loan

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He grew up just down the road from me here in the west country, in fact my son played cricket and footy against him many times......I don't remember him being that exceptional then.....but I think its a good target, fingers crossed Brentford or Bournemouth don't show an interest, that would scupper our chances.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He's shit.
That doesn't need making up.

The problem is, most football fans know yak all about goalkeeping.
I think you're proving this point quite well.

Shot stopping is the easy bit.
The important bits, the ones that define a good keeper, Butthead doesn't have and, at his age, he will never develop them.

We need to steer well clear.

So how old is he again? 36, 37 and at the end of his career? - Or is he still young and yet to reach his best, especially as GK's peak later than outfield players.

If all Keepers are incapable of improving once they are just 21, why do football clubs employ goalkeeping coaches? - seems pointless and a waste of cash if your right, especially as we are in an era of FFP too.

I really hope your just fishing (which i suspect you are)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm indifferent to this to be honest. Personally, I'd rather sign a keeper that is ready to be a no. 1. I know Butland has potential but I don't see why we should have a mildly risky keeper come in on loan for a season to make him a better player for Stoke City...

I'd rather have a keeper further down the line of his development and on a permanent basis. If we want to bring on a young keeper developmentally, make it our own one at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here