Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton reject enquiry from Osasuna for Oscar Garcia

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Can I just clarify your point.

it would be ok by you if Garica left, and Tony replaced him with Tony Pulis, formerly of Stoke?

If he had left and Pulis was appointed I would not be that upset.

He has taken a team up and established it in the top tear. Affective football gets you promoted more often than the purist root at this level. It's important we get up in the short to medium term as its apparent the losses are not sustainable over the mid to long term.

As stated I hope Garcia is a great success at our club however I was saying at this point I don't feel any attachment to Garcia so would not have been that bothered.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It wast like that at all. We were discussing all things brighton as they were genuinely interested because of the Spanish connection and they mentioned the reports about oscar in the local papers they had read. That was all.

I found this thread with amazement and wondered if perhaps there was something in it.

I have no agenda..why would I have?

Apologies I was trying to say that yours wasn't an example of that but what you had said reminded me of those types of posts

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'Thanks, but No Thanks' from Oscar on main backpage article of Argus today.

"I'm proud of Spanish interest, but I wouldn't have left".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But surely with all the turmoil, not being given a budget, having Burke buy all the players, no giant slide from WSU, Barber-out counting the post-it notes he uses, being unhappy here in Sussex, having no family or friends here, Oscar was sure to leave.

Is none of the above actually correct!!?!, who'd have known.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So refreshing to have a manager demonstrate loyalty and commitment to the Albion cause. A man who certainly knows how to conduct himself in the media.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But surely with all the turmoil, not being given a budget, having Burke buy all the players, no giant slide from WSU, Barber-out counting the post-it notes he uses, being unhappy here in Sussex, having no family or friends here, Oscar was sure to leave.

Is none of the above actually correct!!?!, who'd have known.

And No Monorail!!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He has taken a team up and established it in the top tear. Affective football gets you promoted more often than the purist root at this level. It's important we get up in the short to medium term as its apparent the losses are not sustainable over the mid to long term.

As stated I hope Garcia is a great success at our club however I was saying at this point I don't feel any attachment to Garcia so would not have been that bothered.
But Stoke had the 3rd highest spend under Pulis to only ever finish mid-table. That's ineffective

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

You've missed out the bit where he says what a big club they are [sic] and how he would love to manage them one day? Surely? ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
TBF I seem to remember Gus coming out with a thanks but no thanks to job offers before, and he did reject Reading (although rather than loyalty I would assume he weighed up chances of promotion and taking plaudits against chance of relegation).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

So basically, all the conspiracy theorist bedwetters on here completely over-analysed a situation and leapt to ridiculous conclusions.

There's a surprise.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
This is a forum. I am commenting on a thread, my knickers are not in a twist.

Why are you commenting???........and just for the record, I think the jury is out as to weather he is a good manager or not. We all assume/hope he is, but as of yet nothing has been proved, not here anyway. Which makes this story even more strange.

I was wondering [whether] spelling was one of your strong points.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So basically, all the conspiracy theorist bedwetters on here completely over-analysed a situation and leapt to ridiculous conclusions.

There's a surprise.

I'm wondering when those people will either a) realise what they do and pipe down a bit or b) finally disappear up their own arse. It was a non-story.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Sorry have to disagree there. Would rather stay in this league even to struggle than play the way Stokes Pulis side played. He may get Brighton into premiership but I would seriously think about not turning up to watch it.(I know this is mainly a empty threat as I always say the same and still turn up) But hoping the days of the way we played under Wilkins, Adams 2nd time etc, are way behind us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here