Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

albionite

May 20, 2009
What if we offered £10 mill ?
Would TB turn it down on principle ? Of course he bloody wouldn't !!
If the valuation is met, he will go, Palace or not .

Your not going to offer that price so it's a pointless question.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bridcutt won't go to Palace. He doesn't want to go to Palace. A few years back when we lost Bennett, the Argus ran a story that Bridcutt's agent had told him to stay at the Albion as in the long-term it would benefit his career. Bridcutt agreed, they were interested in long-term prospects.

And now he's a Scotland international and a great prospect for most Premiership clubs. Bridcutt knows that and knows ultimately he's talented enough to be playing for a decent mid-table Premiership side. Palace are clearly not the right club. And Palace know that too. The derisory offer was in part a marker and in part a chance to wind Brighton up.

If Palace look like heading for mid-table security at Christmas then I'll be worried. But by then I expect Norwich, our proper parent club to have also made an offer.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
What if we offered £10 mill ?
Would TB turn it down on principle ? Of course he bloody wouldn't !!
If the valuation is met, he will go, Palace or not .

I agree with you that if the valuation is met he will be sold. And anyone saying we will never sell to palace is being thick.
However, our valuation will be inflated due to our lack of cover in that position and lack of time for replacement. Plus the valuation may be slightly higher because its Palace and due to the length of his contract we are not in anyway looking to sell.

I would suggest that you guys shop elsewhere as you will be charged a premium for Ulloa.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't know how true it is but I have seen him there before, a mate apparently saw him at the tesco express in Rottingdean and he asked him about palace and he laughed and said 'No chance mate' :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't know how true it is but I have seen him there before, a mate apparently saw him at the tesco express in Rottingdean and he asked him about palace and he laughed and said 'No chance mate' :thumbsup:

If he was in Rottingdean now, he won't be going anywhere. Seems unlikely though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can we assume that there will be no-one in or out today?

Wasn't expecting us to make any transfers anyway particularly, we'll probably snaffle up a couple of loans in the next few weeks I'd expect.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
According to the BBC, we have turned down two bids today - TWO - from Burnley for Ashley Barnes. No longer are we a selling club.

Every club is a selling club if the price is right . I think we will go higher but wether it will temp you is another matter .

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
palaces chairman son has just said bridders is furious that brighton wont sell him to palace,couldnt make it up:lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
palaces chairman son has just said bridders is furious that brighton wont sell him to palace,couldnt make it up:lol:

That was started by Palace journo Neil Ashton. Trying to unsettle Bridders I think. Bridcutt would NOT go to Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here