Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton NSC fanbase - where are you from?

Where are you FROM?

• Brighton

Votes: 176 32.4%
  • Somewhere else in Sussex

Votes: 243 44.8%
  • Somewhere outside Sussex

Votes: 118 21.7%
  • Lund, Sweden

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Born in Brighton (Preston park area, went to Dorothy Stringer school) and then moved to Barcelona about 15 years ago...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1.02% from Lund, Sweden. The new hot-bed of support.

Probably more people than most places in Sussex.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Born in Cambridge and lived there till I was 18.

Then 11 years in London (Camden Town), visiting Brighton loads and knowing it was the place for me.

Moved to Hove in 1992 (Waterloo Street) when I qualified as a teacher.

After a year, moved just over the border into Brighton (Norfolk Square) and lived there for four years.

Then to Hanover for 9 years, Ovingdean for 14, and in January we moved back into Brighton, just near The Open Market.

I am where I belong.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Born Plumstead and given up for adoption.
Lived
Aldershot 1 year
Worthy Down near Winchester 8 years
Lippstadt Germany x 2 different houses 3 years
Mönchengladbach Germany 3 years
Hollingbury 5 years
Woodingdean 3 years
Kemp Town 5 years
Peacehaven x 4 different houses 5 years
Newhaven 1 year
West Drayton 1 year
Northfleet 2 years
Westbury x 2 different houses 3 years
Now in Newmarket for the last 14 years

Family/Grandparents come from Crowborough.

Were your adopting parents military? pay corp?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Were your adopting parents military? pay corp?

4D32DC65-6677-4434-B7E9-67DE281B03D7.jpeg

You either know me or the locations gave the game away?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Central Sussex I think - moved around a bit. Proud to come from a BHA area. Lots of Albion around these parts for sure - a few palace but they’re sound and appreciate who the minority is and respect local support and the fact they are a little wrongun :shrug: Had 4 texts from palace mates apologising for their shitness after the recent ‘game’ (one side playing game) - honest lads :clap2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Seeing some of the exotic locations and some not so exotic where our fans were born or live, it does fascinate me how some became Albion fans. Why do you pick the Albion when you have no affiliation to the area especially as until fairly recently we haven’t been a club that has been inundated with success.I imagine some must be family members influence , but some must’ve just randomly picking out a team and following them.

Some of you are really weird.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
You could be watching Lionel Messi worldies every week, yet you prefer video clips of Neal Maupay cockups.

Good on you, that's the mark of a real Albion fan. :bowdown:

I've been blesses to see Ronaldinho in his prime, Messi with the number 19 on his back, Deco, Larsson, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta et al but there is nothing like driving home from Gatwick and coming over Ditchling beacon to the sight of the Amex... Goosebumps every time. I left the UK when we were playing our home games at Withdean.

We've come a long way!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Sadly closed a long time ago, much like the Royal George in BH.

Well well - I was going to ask whether you drank in the Royal George because I did with a guy called Rusty or Paul and several others. It was the 1975-80 era mainly I’d say. We’d be in the North Stand for home games and Peter Ward was king. Rusty was one of the few who had a car so he often copped for driving to parties/pubs or wherever. I recall he definitely sang the ‘Ooh it’s a corner’ chant at the Goldstone. We also often went to a pub in Ditchling whose name I can’t recall. Let me know if any of this sounds vaguely familiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here