Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton NSC fanbase - where are you from?

Where are you FROM?

• Brighton

Votes: 176 32.4%
  • Somewhere else in Sussex

Votes: 243 44.8%
  • Somewhere outside Sussex

Votes: 118 21.7%
  • Lund, Sweden

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters

I love stories like this.

The guy I travel to games with and who sits in our big group with his son is a Torquay fan originally (from there) but moved here in the 90s. Same thing - he started to take his son so that he didn't become a plastic. He's now every bit as blue and white blooded as me.

I'm firmly of the belief that you don't have to have been through the gory years but you do have to know and understand our history. Also, perhaps leave it a few decades before you write to our CEO with atmosphere improvement tips or suggest a sex dungeon as an "additional feature".

Those gory years were a real bloodbath.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Those gory years were a real bloodbath.

The civil ware years were the worst of times and the best of times. Personally I wouldn't swap them for anything including a trophy in the modern era of our history. Certainly didn't think that at the time tho'. Gulls Eye, the BISA meetings at the Concorde, Darlington, York, Fans United Donny, Orient and Hereford games. Then after Gillingham coming back to Brighton with the Skint striped shirt, the rise through the divisions with Adams (first spell), mini rivalries with Cardiff, Chesterfield and Orient. Difficult to explain really. The best of times, the worst of times.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was born in Oxford, both parents having moved from Brighton to Buckinghamshire. Dad was (and is) a huge Brighton fan and although I flirted with different teams as a little kid. Oxford, Forest and Liverpool (My uncle had indoctrinated my brother into supporting Everton and decided to have a crack at me by taking me to a charity shield in the 80's (Everton V Liverpool). Anyway, my brother was such a prick to me all day that I quickly wanted Liverpool to win).

We used to visit Brighton often and my dad would always take us to games. Then when I was about 11 (mid 80's) we moved back to Brighton. For the first few years I had lost interest in football (my interest moved to music and art). Then in the early 90's I started knocking about with mates who were into football and went to the Goldstone so I tagged along. I was a regular for those last few seasons at the Goldstone. I made a few trips to Gillingham but was more interested in messing my self up a raves, clubs and parties at this point so wasn't in much of a state most Saturdays :)

Then I started a job that involved a lot of weekend work so I missed a fair few games at Withdean, although I would go when I could.

I moved to Australia before the Amex had been built (still waiting for planning permission I think) so have only been to a handful of games there when I am back. I make sure my trips coincide with games though and get up at stupid times to watch them over here (The Newcastle game is on at 7am tomorrow which is a bonus).

My oldest boy's middle name is 'Yara' which is aboriginal for Seagull, and is a Brighton fan (Probably a bit more Liverpool - what can you do though? His mates all 'picked' a team to support and having actually been to watch your team or holding a proper connection doesn't hold much kudos over here. Its all about picking the team that is winning stuff). My daughter is also Brighton but, although she is the only one playing now she doesn't have that much interest. My youngest son doesn't like football.

Last season, when we were due to come over Paul Barber had offered us a pitchside photo of my dad, my son and myself before the United game that I had tickets for. Not sure when we will get over again but Barber has told me the invitation still stands.

The Thing:

Tingewick - Buckinghamshire
Hove/Brighton
East Grinstead
Melbourne
Wilmington
Hove
Cohuna - Vic, Australia
Geelong - Vic, Australia

Last edited:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Then in the early 90's I started knocking about with mates who were into football and went to the Goldstone so I tagged along. I was a regular for those last few seasons at the Goldstone. I made a few trips to Gillingham but was more interested in messing my self up a raves, clubs and parties at this point so wasn't in much of a state most Saturdays :)

Then I started a job that involved a lot of weekend work so I missed a fair few games at Withdean, although I would go when I could.

I moved to Australia before the Amex had been built (still waiting for planning permission I think) so have only been to a handful of games there when I am back. I make sure my trips coincide with games though and get up at stupid times to watch them over here (The Newcastle game is on at 7am tomorrow which is a bonus).

Blimey, did you ever drink in the Hove Park Tavern before the games at the Goldstone? I could well have served you a pint...or 3!!:drink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Brighton1982-2001
Tignes 01/02
Valloire 02/03
Val d’Isere 03/06
Rugby 06
Les Deux Alpes 06/07
Newquay 07
Les Deux Alpes 07/08