Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton mother leaves her baby alone for 6 days

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ludicrous sentence when I guess with good behaviour she could be out in four and half years! I also presume her sentence was reduced because of the guilty plea.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There's a lot of unanswered questions here:

Who did her boyfriend/friends think was looking after the baby? People lie and are very good at it.
Why didn't she ask her family to look after the baby? I believe she was in care herself, her background may not be very nice.
Did she even show any remorse? That will happen with time.
And just WHY? Why would you possibly just bugger off and leave a toddler to fend for themselves for nearly a week?
What did she think would happen? She simply didn’t, and unforgivable in my book.

Such a sad story. Yes

:down:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I can't say that I understand the complexities of the many agencies involvd with child protection these days, but it seems that BHCC are stating that the poor child "was not on a child protection plan". Whether there were any grounds for believing that she should have been, or there were other layers of State protection that should have been in place (but weren't) will probably be revealed as part of the enquiry, or enquiries, to follow.

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/26/teenager-admits-causing-death-of-20-month-old-baby-who-died-of-neglect

RIP little'un, you did not deserve this

It might just be too easy to lay the blame at the door of social services. However, having worked for social services for 5 years it was shocking to see the pressure social workers are under. Unrealistic huge caseloads and constantly being hampered by budget cuts and bean counters analysing every detail of support plans with no regard of what the client really needs. Many use a software called Liquid Logic but too often real logic can't be applied to safeguard someone because the accountant said no!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I don’t think any contributing factors surrounding the mother and her own life can be an excuse for what is such an awful case of neglect. It just beggars belief what was going through this young woman’s head to think going away for nearly 6 days would result in anything but catastrophe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here