Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton MOM

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Tough one, difficult to choose after so many individual errors on display after it went 1-1.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think we played very well except for the first 20 minutes. Forster-Caskey was MOM for me. I am not a great fan of him and only the first time he would have got MOM. But the rest did not play all that well. Calderon did OK as a right winger but not as a full back. Upson and Ulloa were very poor. Buckley MOM in the first half.

There was one very encouraging aspect. We won more our fair share of 50-50 balls and second balls and getting out of sticky situations keeping the ball. If we can keep that up with another 90 minutes, Derby will never be able to relax with a one goal lead. The next goal is crucial.

Why did Upson dive in with the foul?

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Certainly Greer.

I know football is a game of opinions but can't believe people are voting for Kaz? He offered nothing when he came on - Kaz of old poor decisions, poor crossing and didn't even have the pace to out do their RB. After his altercation with the RB he seemed to lose it... Frustrating from him as I thought he had improved this year...

Stumpy Tim

Andrews for me. Lua Lua did well considering he was up against one of the best right-backs in the league. I would have switched Lua Lua to the right personally. Their left back was on a booking and not in the same class as the right back

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Certainly Greer.

I know football is a game of opinions but can't believe people are voting for Kaz? He offered nothing when he came on - Kaz of old poor decisions, poor crossing and didn't even have the pace to out do their RB. After his altercation with the RB he seemed to lose it... Frustrating from him as I thought he had improved this year...

This. I don't think he realises how good he could be. It happened so often, Ward would have the ball, Wisdom would push up and rather than running into the space behind Wisdom KLL would just stand there next to Ward. I just don't get how someone who moans about not starting can come on and be so appallingly lazy, he plays like someone whose just played a full 90.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
It was Orlandi for me - he linked the play well and made things happen with his quick passes. Greer wasn't bad as he didn't join in with the errant passing of some of his team mates - Andrews,Forster- Caskey and Upson - but he certainly didn't have the 2 goal Martin in his pocket. Calde and Ward were good and at least KLL ran at and into his defender to show some attacking threat. Shame the delivery was poor or one of his shots didn't get through to test their keeper. Thought they closed us down easily as we slowed the play up too much and allowed them to get 10 or 11 behind the ball. Roll on Sunday. Believe.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It was Orlandi for me - he linked the play well and made things happen with his quick passes. Greer wasn't bad as he didn't join in with the errant passing of some of his team mates - Andrews,Forster- Caskey and Upson - but he certainly didn't have the 2 goal Martin in his pocket. Calde and Ward were good and at least KLL ran at and into his defender to show some attacking threat. Shame the delivery was poor or one of his shots didn't get through to test their keeper. Thought they closed us down easily as we slowed the play up too much and allowed them to get 10 or 11 behind the ball. Roll on Sunday. Believe.

Greer was far better than ''not bad''..and had Martin well under control ..yes he scored 2 but hey one was a penalty.....i'd agree re passing..that must have been Upsons worst ..one wonders how fit he was

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I know it's a game of opinions and all that, but are people really suggesting Orlandi, Andrews or JFC as MOM? Lightweight, all three and wouldn't be in my preferred starting line-up. Greer or Wardy, for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lingard before he tired, Calde when he was going forwards, Greer when he wasn't in posession.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We had a couple of contenders for MOM. Green had one of his better games and showed his experience. I lost count of the number of times Derby pumped the ball forward, trying beat Greer for speed. Gordon very cleverly nudged their player off the ball as it arrived so it went over both of them, through to TK with no pressure on him. Ward and Andrews were pretty good too, as was Calde.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Interesting that people thinking we had the better of the match,yet the only names mentioned for mom are Greer and Calde both defenders.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Buckley until he did a Buckley. Had he been on for 90 minutes the score would have been different. And the 'Oscar Out' idiots would be quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here