Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton/London Trains Buggered This Morning

D

Deleted User X18H

To be fair I strolled to PP and jumped on Gat Ex almost straight away almost empty though.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
According to this

Live train times – Live departure board | First Capital Connect

FCC trains are getting in with around an hour plus delays.

According to this one

Buy your train tickets online : Southern

Southern are SCREWED

"Monday 21 January 07.30
Services across our network are being disrupted due to the late finish of improvement works, which has delayed our lines being treated to remove the build up of ice. Trains are unable to operate between Lewes / Brighton / Haywards Heath and Three Bridges in both directions and buses are being arranged to operate between Brighton and Three Bridges. These buses are expected to start operating from approx 07.30.
Passengers travelling towards London from West Coast stations can travel via the Arun Valley line between Barnham and Three Bridges. Passengers from East Coast stations can travel via Eastbourne and Hastings and thence via South Eastern Trains services via Tonbridge to London Bridge and Charing Cross stations.

Trains are unable to operate between Horsham and Dorking. Buses have been arranged to operate on this route.

London Buses, London Tramlink and London Underground are accepting Southern ticket holders by any reasonable route.

Southern will be operating an amended timetable However, this timetable will be subject to alteration with some cancellations which passengers can find here. Please check regularly with National Rail Enquiries and allow extra time for your journey.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trains from Hove to London leaving 5-10 mins late.

I'm on one of those. They are saying that London services are up to an hour delayed, but we've reached Hassocks without any further delays.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm on one of those. They are saying that London services are up to an hour delayed, but we've reached Hassocks without any further delays.

On a fcc heading for E Croydon which left Bton just after 8am. It's stopping at all stations, Just leaving Balcombe, no delays so far, looks like things are moving again.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
There are so many inconsistencies here with various mixed messages from Southern. I’m heading from West Worthing to London Vic and they have told me to head west to Barnham and then up and across. I was supposed to be meeting someone on the train at Hove but they have said avoid going in that direction unless you want to get a replacement bus and add at least an hour onto your journey – which is probably what would happen if I went west anyway. Then I read on here that people are on their way up to London with barely any trouble at all.

They have got their priorities back to front. Idiots.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Moving very slowly through the Three Bridges to Gatwick section, which has the frozen conductor rail.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if the Heathrow airport apologists will now move onto this thread and start providing excuses for the pathetic rail network?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can I just say I was stuck on a broken down train between Lewes and Falmer for six hours on Friday evening? The live rail had iced up, causing the engines to overheat and a small fire to ensue.

It didn't help that, despite being told the exact location of where we were (100 yards east of the Newmarket Inn), the engineers coming in from Lovers' Walk took 90 minutes to inform us that they couldn't find the train. They'd parked at Falmer, and walked the rest (2 miles).

Jumped on the train at 1744, got in a midnight.

I know it's not adding much to this morning's information, but I thought I'd share that with you. :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glad I followed this thread. Decided not to travel in on the Southern train that gets into London Bridge at 8.12.

Unfortunately 2 colleagues from Hove got a train no problems to London Victoria which got in about 8.30...!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They get away with it due to years of shit service, almost like a faceless company where no one accountable

Twats for continuing with eng work this weekend for one. Next weekend eng work with 4k + arsenal coming down will be fun.

They get worse

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Glad I followed this thread. Decided not to travel in on the Southern train that gets into London Bridge at 8.12.

Unfortunately 2 colleagues from Hove got a train no problems to London Victoria which got in about 8.30...!

I had a meeting in London at 8.30 so having checked the southern website at 5.45 and seen that the reduced service was operating but with no mention of issues caused by over running engineering works, I skated to the bus stop ( which was further than normal as they were only going on the coast road) and got the bus which was on time, to Brighton station. There I find chaos and excuses in equal measure so having realised i wasn't going to be in the office in time, I headed home. Someone I left at the station,made it into London at 9.30.

So what i cant understand is how a major issue at 6.15 wasn't known at 5.45.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
HovaBoy made it to London OK. His own train was delayed but he got an earlier (delayed) one and got to Victoria half-an-hour later than usual.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I had a meeting in London at 8.30 so having checked the southern website at 5.45 and seen that the reduced service was operating but with no mention of issues caused by over running engineering works, I skated to the bus stop ( which was further than normal as they were only going on the coast road) and got the bus which was on time, to Brighton station. There I find chaos and excuses in equal measure so having realised i wasn't going to be in the office in time, I headed home. Someone I left at the station,made it into London at 9.30.

So what i cant understand is how a major issue at 6.15 wasn't known at 5.45.

Snap. As I posted in the "more snow tomorrow" thread....

As I said, work of fiction! Checked the website at 5.45 and no different to yesterday. Got to station in time for 6.40 Gatwick Express which still hadn't departed when I gave up and came home at 7.15

I don't mind delays and cancellations in this weather and completely understand it all, but Southerns communication is awful.

The upside is, I have just been given permission by my team leader to WFH until all the snow has cleared :thumbsup:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Can I just say I was stuck on a broken down train between Lewes and Falmer for six hours on Friday evening? The live rail had iced up, causing the engines to overheat and a small fire to ensue.

It didn't help that, despite being told the exact location of where we were (100 yards east of the Newmarket Inn), the engineers coming in from Lovers' Walk took 90 minutes to inform us that they couldn't find the train. They'd parked at Falmer, and walked the rest (2 miles).

I know it's not adding much to this morning's information, but I thought I'd share that with you. :)

That's a nightmare, I've never been in the situation, but did you not consider just getting off using emergency door opening thingumbob?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

That will be one of them there trains that have no toilets on them. I bet some of the passengers will have been replicating the anfield kop c1978

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here