Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove fish n chip shops rated on Buzzfeed...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Any truth in the rumour that the cook at PTFC is going to work for Lewes FC :whistle:

Chips at PTFC are nice, Whitehawk FC also do really nice chips.
Had to visit Horace's chip shop in Newhaven this evening after reading this thread.

I can endorse this - the cheesy chips at both Peacehaven and Whitehawk are very nice.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nibbling, or thinking about nibbling, again Nibble?

Glad Bardsley's got number one spot. I'd put Bankers at two, but so be it.
Someone I trust on this was saying The Urchin was well worth a visit. Any other views?

In my opinion The Urchin is well worth a visit, great food, excellent beer and a great place to meet.

Jul 7, 2003
We have not ventured into Worthing chippies of which in the 60s and 70s Clifton Rd was good as was the one in Becket Rd bottom of Jacobs Ladder not sure what they are like now.

Clifton Road chippy has changed hands a few times but is currently part of the excellent Efes Turkish restaurant (chip shop not so good). Old Nicks on Becket Road/Pavilion Road is still there but not a patch on when Nick used to own it. Loads of people still rate Chipwick on Brighton Road but their chips always seem dry to me and don't stay warm for long.

My local chippy, Selden Fish Bar is good. The chinese couple running it were trained by the people who had the Limbrick chippy for years who were in turn trained by the old northern bloke who ran the Limbrick chippy for years before that.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yet another shout for Sing Li. The shop may be a shithole but his food and prices are fantastic. I am surprised he's never had 'problems' with Environmental Health over the state of the place though? Maybe E.H. are customers? :) Always been a dump and its the same owner for many years. Yep, I'll probably be pre match dining there tonight :thumbsup:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yet another shout for Sing Li. The shop may be a shithole but his food and prices are fantastic. I am surprised he's never had 'problems' with Environmental Health over the state of the place though? Maybe E.H. are customers? :) Always been a dump and its the same owner for many years. Yep, I'll probably be pre match dining there tonight :thumbsup:

He did he scored ZERO on the ratings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here