Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove fish n chip shops rated on Buzzfeed...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone know of anywhere that does really thin batter on the fish? Most places normally do a super thick batter and the missus and I much prefer a thinner one. I haven't been to most of that list so if any do, let me know. [emoji106]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that the one in Coombe Terrace.? When I was a kid, for years we knew him as Duncan, as in "you want pickle Duncan?"

Nope. Near Brighton Station at bottom of Guildford Rd as you go up to the Battle. Used to pop in there for a grease fest after a session in the Nightingale back in the day. Classy establishment that attracts the like of drunk students, street drinkers who've lucked out and Hove Boring and Unread.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Another shout for Sing Li or, as it's sometimes known, 'sore finga?'

VG Freddie.

Sing Li is my post-ale stodge of choice, usually fishcake and chips.

Hand written pricelist with felt tip. Ridiculously good value.

Unchanged as long as I've been going there which must be 20 years. The chips are decent and ...errr cheap as chips.

PG

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
VG Freddie.

Sing Li is my post-ale stodge of choice, usually fishcake and chips.

Hand written pricelist with felt tip. Ridiculously good value.

Unchanged as long as I've been going there which must be 20 years. The chips are decent and ...errr cheap as chips.

PG

If you time it absolutely right when he has just cooked a fresh batch of chips then £1.50 (I think) is an absolute bargain.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Bardsleys is ok but they still leave the skin on the fish last time I was there.
I would say Fillets in Lewes Road is excellent old fashioned fish and chips, nearly as good as the fish n Chip shop that was in Upper Lewes Road run by Chinese in the 80's.
Most the places on that website are over priced and not Fish and Chip shops.

When I had The Cricketers , I know it was12 years ago, but everybody told me Jupps was good but to me the batter was too thick and the fish over cooked Marinos has been a revelation for BHill.

Going to be honest here, I've never used Marinos, for that matter I don't even know where they are.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When I had The Cricketers , I know it was12 years ago, but everybody told me Jupps was good but to me the batter was too thick and the fish over cooked Marinos has been a revelation for BHill.

Wait! You ran a pub?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is that the one in Coombe Terrace.? When I was a kid, for years we knew him as Duncan, as in "you want pickle Duncan?"

You mean Sa Sa.

348s.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here