Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting but Mitoma, Caicedo and Mac looked out on their feet after last weekend so not sure what options RDZ has. Its not like we have the depth of squad of City. Not sure many other sides would be able to cope with injuries and fixture pileup like we have.
As well as fatigue from last Sundays semi final, don't forget before that these three came back from long distance international duties
I'm not surprised they're fvcked.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
RDZ can't win really. The players he's brought in haven't played much because we have been playing so well. You can't change a winning side just because the supporters know better. I trust the players know their jobs and can do it well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surprising starting line up. But I never judge these things. Seen too many moaning minis looking like fools at the end.

Last edited:

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
RDZ can't win here. A lot of people were insisting on the strongest possible side for Forest. So he did it and they were dead on their feet. Everyone complained that he should have rested players.

So now he rest the regulars, and everybody complains again...
I suggested strongest squad for forest and stand by it. In hindsight, it probably wasn’t the right call to make so happy to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. I don’t have a problem with today‘s line up but it is a big call to rest all three of Mitoma, Moises and Ali Mac at the same time. I am not Undav’s biggest fan but truly hope he can deliver. If we want Europe then we need to be able to use our whole squad so there is a big chance for some today. That gets a nervous nod from me.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m assuming those negative about the line up didn’t see us on Wednesday night. Most of our team were absolutely gassed, making horrible mistakes and many could barely move by the end.

This is a fantastic line up, but should’ve been the team against Forest, not today.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Although the cliché is "one game at a time", today's selection looks like more than just one eye on our next game, Thursday against ... Manure

I can see how RDZ might be thinking: give the fringe lads a go today, still with a beatable opposition, and then have our 1st XI hot-shots refreshed and raring to go come next Thursday [seeking retribution] - I think it's excellent planning / rotation

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
There's going to a be a lot of chopping and changing throughout this relentless, unfair and frustrating end to the season.

Good luck boys. Hope we can put in a performance and take home three points.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
RDZ can't win really. The players he's brought in haven't played much because we have been playing so well. You can't change a winning side just because the supporters know better. I trust the players know their jobs and can do it well.

The thing for me is that he knows our strongest midfield is Mac Allister, Caicedo and Gross. It would be more sensible to rest one of Mac Allister or Caicedo against Forest and one today. Instead he played the same team there and now has to drop them both, it’s substantially weaker.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I’m assuming those negative about the line up didn’t see us on Wednesday night. Most of our team were absolutely gassed, making horrible mistakes and many could barely move by the end.

This is a fantastic line up, but should’ve been the team against Forest, not today.
A fantastic line up? Really?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It's time for the fringe players to step up and be counted. It's no good wishing to be in the starting 11 every week and then when there's a chance to shine they are dull as dishwater. Good luck lads. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here