Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Confused by peoples confusion. White and Biss central midfield, back three of Dunk, Webster and Burn with March and Veltman wingbacks

Please stop playing White out of position, he’s wrecked the poor lads game.

Play our best XI in the correct positions!

i think Potter has a "cunning plan". keep playing White out of position so nobody puts a bid in for him. Once the January window closes, he will drop Burn/Webster and play White in defence and between him and Dunk form an new defensive wall . We'll be talking how "Wunkite" kept us up!.

D

Deleted member 2719

Just seen the team.

Is there anyone whinging about it yet???

I do us fans at least start with a positive head on today.

Yes Mouldy this bunch have lost it for us before we even kick a ball, they will find something they think is wrong, thank feck they are not going out their trying to motivate the lads..

Good job fans can't watch atm.

:nono:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If Burn is at LB against Traore I might finally lose faith in Potter, I’m firmly behind him at this point but that would be a ridiculous tactic decision too far for me, Traore has been poor this season but Burn will be easy meat for him.

To be fair, Burn played Traore really well at left back last season.

Pretty sure he will be a centre back in a back 3 today though with March LWB and I would back March to do a good job on Traore.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nice lineup, pretty expected. Not a huge fan of BW in midfield but with Lallana unfit to start, Alzate sick... :shrug: Watching Gross trying to defend against or close down Moutinho & Neves sounds fun (in a comic sense) but wouldnt be fun, White better equipped to do it - hope he shows that hes become a bit more accustomed to the role.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Confused by peoples confusion. White and Biss central midfield, back three of Dunk, Webster and Burn with March and Veltman wingbacks

Correct....this is surely how they will line up....
i can understand starting Burn on the left of a three. gives us better balance i think. he should however never play as left wing back or left back.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
To be fair, Burn played Traore really well at left back last season.

Pretty sure he will be a centre back in a back 3 today though with March LWB and I would back March to do a good job on Traore.

Did he? I’m pretty sure Burn got skinned several times and picked up a yellow for taking Traore out.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thank you, missed that. Not Covid then?

If he had Covid, and I believe he did, no idea why I believe it, but I'm sure there was a suspicion, it looks like he has desperately struggled since.
Long Covid is a group of post viral syndromes that effect different parts of the body, but a common one is post viral fatigue. To me this makes sense. Yes he might just have a cold, but given the scarcity of his appearances I don't know if this is that far fetched. See Laschelles and Saint Maximin at Newcastle.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
White aside, it’s not a bad side. I’d be tempted to have gone for Molumby in the deeper role... a chance to prove his quality :/

Still, it’s a better team than we put out the other day vs Arsenal 100%.

Fingers crossed we open the scoring, absolutely pivotal today (if indeed we avoid a 0-0.)

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
Dan Burn defending against Traore scares me shitless, that's a ad match up if ever there was one.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Pretty much the line up I expected given injuries and looks decent. Personally I would rather see White in a back three with Propper or Gross in midfield but that’s a minor complaint. The sooner the new Polish midfielder is up to speed the better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All I ask is that I see us play with a bit of tempo, Wolves are a very defensive team who will love our slow attacking play. Funnily enough Wolves bore me to tears as much as us at times, no doubt today they will play like prime 2008 Barcelona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here