[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What did Bart do wrong?
Webster was shocking exposing him on all three goals. Thought Bart did well.
No need for a GK change. Bart did nothing wrong

Dunk and Webster were terrible today. Webster should be replaced but Dunk got dribbled past tons of times today
FFS I didn't think that BV did anything wrong, just I think Steele will be back v Toon as that game will need experience.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Veltman,steele,adingra,jpv and Pedro should all start next week.. Billy gilmour played well
Gilmour was our best player till he got subbed.

Welbecks been off it this season so far, Webster is better than today, but today he was gash. Schoolboy defending

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Totally disagree. Howe will respect our attacking. He'll keep it tight and know his attacking players have enough on the break. Absolutely no need for them to out football us.
Exactly. They will be well drilled and know they can break and overrun us. I suspect they will comfortably win. I think this season is going to be a mid-table affair for us as we re-build after having the vultures feast.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bad day at the office. We move on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle will be very very confident watching that. What did you learn from Everton Roberto? Not a lot on the face of it so can you do something this week with the team.

He also needs help from the club. Big boost if we can get 3 in.
Newcastle will be a much more difficult proposition than WHU were today :eek:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
FFS I didn't think that BV did anything wrong, just I think Steele will be back v Toon as that game will need experience.
I think we missed his passing today. The big Dutchman was a good choice overall as his ability in the air is superior which was a requirement today. Against Newcastle I think we may see the need to the fast short passing Steele brings.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Penalties? There were no penalty decisions to be had today. Ref had a good game.
The handball query wasn't a penalty, but it makes folk feel a bit annoyed about the one given against Dunk.

I thought the Pervis incident was a foul. It depends on how you view a shoulder barge. But it was off the ball. I think the ref got it wrong.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Newcastle will be a much more difficult proposition than WHU were today :eek:
I'm not so sure. West Ham were going to be happy with 0-0, I doubt Newcastle will be. The game will be more open from the start which should help us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Newcastle will at least come out and play. Which means we won't have to spend ninety six minutes trying to get past a low block
I’m not sure you’ve watched much of Eddie Howe’s Newcastle side away from home against good sides then?

Expect more of today next Saturday just with better players which is a bit concerning. Big week ahead for us.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
We lost to a team we usually beat. We weren’t bad. They scored when they had the chances. Bart could not have done anything about those goals. West Ham fans celebrating like they’ve won the Europa league instead of the Europa conference 😁. We carry on.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Even Ferguson was off it. One near the end was directly at the keeper with power, could have just side footed in the corner.
Not impressed with Pedro unfortunately so far for 30M

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports