Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If it's not injury/disciplinary related that's a huge call.

Steele isn't a Premier League first choice keeper regardless of how well he's done in one off cup games.
Sanchez’s form has dropped this season. Steele has looked better IMO. Great chance for the lad.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Or maybe a slight injury concern?
Indeed. Could be lots of reasons. Could also be a tactical psychological sharpener for Sanchez. He has all the attributes to be a top keeper, but can be casual. Sometimes it pays to remind a good player that nothing should be taken for granted and there are no guarantees.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Gives rdz the opportunity to drop steele for sanchez in the cup if we get through. Selection based on performance between the two now

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This is some pretty hysterical stuff. The end of says for Sanchez? Relationships that will never recover.

Or Sanchez had the shits last night / will be back In next game.
RDZ has just confirmed he was dropped due to Steele playing well. :shrug: agree it isn’t the end for Sanchez, but if Steele has a good game today who knows?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
yep, RDZ doesn't seem to like him for some reason. Maybe we'll be in the market for a new right back in the summer.
I just don’t see what others are seeing with Lamptey, post injury. It feels like the “easing him back in” from a bad injury went on forever and he has not been the same player since. Pre-injury he was one of our best players. He’s had moments and there’s still a quality player there, but I’d pick Veltman over him ten times out of ten.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
yep, RDZ doesn't seem to like him for some reason. Maybe we'll be in the market for a new right back in the summer.
Absolutely. Rotating Gross, Lamptey and Veltman indicates that he does not have a lot of confidence in any of them.
In reality, Veltman does not fit the way De Zerbi (or Potter for that matter) wants to play football, so it is understandable. For now I think he is by far the best right back in the club though and imho should start nearly every game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is velty out of contract in summer ? Maybe we know he's leaving
Everything he has said in Dutch media strongly suggests he'd like to extend his contract and stay with Brighton for the foreseeable future but maybe the manager change has changed the dynamics a bit (since GP trusted Veltman more than RDZ seems to do).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely. Rotating Gross, Lamptey and Veltman indicates that he does not have a lot of confidence in any of them.
In reality, Veltman does not fit the way De Zerbi (or Potter for that matter) wants to play football, so it is understandable. For now I think he is by far the best right back in the club though and imho should start nearly every game.
Don’t think he rates Webbo either.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would suggest the reason Lamptey gets the nod over Veltman currently is because there's no Colwill and we aren't as much of a threat down the left (even though Dunk is putting up a good fight).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here