[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For those we lost.
Not having any contact details for all those sat around me normally, I'm extremely worried about who I will greet today.
There are many mid-life guys with kids who should have made the past 18 months, but there are also four 'elder statesmen' who I'm not sure will have come through.
Lots of hugs and tears as we all meet up again and discuss those whose seat is occupied now by someone else.

Yep. I'm really hoping to see the blokes who normally sit behind us who are a little bit older than me. Both to check they are ok and because since Feb 2020 my son has grown by over a foot and his voice has broken so he'll scare the shit out of them.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Well said indeed.

I shall be sitting next to an empty seat for the first time. It’s going to be a very emotional experience.

RIP Dad x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad and I went to lots of games together before he died in the august of the promotion season.He would have loved the game when we secured promotion, and various subsequent games (the first in the Prem, Beating Utd , and City for example) and each time one of the "statement" games occurs I have an immense feeling of loss, but also it brings me closer to him. I can imagine his smile and joy, and the excitement of the whole "going to the match" .and often it makes me smile as I remember the conversations we had at the ground,
It will take time, and there will always be sadness and grief, but it does get better, and soon, it will bring you comfort, going to this place so many love, that has the spirit and joy that you both shared, and in some way carries on .

RIP to your Dad, and our thoughts are with all who are going to the ground for the first time without someone today

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This is a tricky assignment - after their win last week Watford will be up for it and the Brighton team will have to match their intensity.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
MISERY bet will be placed when line ups known.
It's business not personal: they are PACEY up top and the market appears generous to me...

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Cannot wait for this…. Have moved back to the North Stand after 8 years in the west upper..

Ready to sing!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All three Watford goals had an element of fortune last weekend, it was a bit like watching the Albion early last season where every shot either flew or deflected past Ryan.

Hope they’ve used up their luck for at least a week

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those we lost.
Not having any contact details for all those sat around me normally, I'm extremely worried about who I will greet today.
There are many mid-life guys with kids who should have made the past 18 months, but there are also four 'elder statesmen' who I'm not sure will have come through.
Lots of hugs and tears as we all meet up again and discuss those whose seat is occupied now by someone else.

Exactly the same here - two elder chaps either side of my two seats. Desperately hoping to see them both today.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Two older guys next to me as well. Hopefully if they have renewed they will both be in attendance if they circumnavigate and get their heads around what is required to gain access

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
At start of the season there is no form to go on.. but come on it is Watford! We should believe we can win , because we can. Will we ?. I believe so.:albion2:
Let’s have a great game for the crowd that is going to pack the Amex !

Underestimate newly promoted sides at your peril. This will be a tricky one. If we can bag a couple of early goals then I’ll feel a darn sight more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notice the Argus have stopped trying to predict starting line up in pre-match coverage, which they’ve done for decades. Potter has broken them

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My first full season as a STH, no idea who I'll be sitting next to, hopefully a decent bunch. And apologies in advance for my disgraceful footy tourettes, it's a real condition and can't be helped.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
No Soccer Saturday on the screens. FFS. I’m not going to sit in my seat for 90 mins before kickoff. I’m going to be standing up in the concourse anyway and it would be nice to see the scores coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So painless getting in to the stadium, literally took an extra few seconds for them to check your ID against your Covid pass.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Wifi not working in the stadium

Stopped working a couple of hours ago apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here