Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tranmere Rovers *** Official Match Thread ***

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Never mind England vs Poland, think of Brighton vs Torquay when we batttered them for 89 minutes, but Tony Bedeau and Effion Williams had designs on a 1-0 win. Yes, that was the game when Southall spent a large proportion of the playing minutes nursing his geriatric ailments.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
This team has more guts than the England team, we're gonna batter 'em.

The junior seagulls under 10 side would have more guts than the England team. Spineless twats.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
4-0 to us

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
That was 1-1

Yeah I know, it was more the continous attacks that England did and inspired keeping that kept to that score. Actually BoF's example is more pertinent.

It's just that it "should" be a very comfortable and over by half time kind of game, but it's these type of games that tend to be completely different!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
6-0! Although we have been scoring well at home, we have missed plenty of clear cut chances to really bulldoze a team. Lets hope we can bulldoze this lot today. :)

If Chris Wood starts then he will be facing fellow West Brom teenage striker Lateef Elford-Alliyu, currently on loan to Tranmere (5 goals in 13 games)

Last edited:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Wood has been on the bench the last two games, Noone and Dicker were on Tuesday.

Sparrow is expected to keep his place. Gus has talked about squad rotation so if we are to play 4-3-3 Dicker would presumably miss out again and Kish would drop to the bench, as Bridcutt and Bennett are shoe-ins. If we are to play 4-4-2 Barnes may be dropped to give him a rest and to give Wood a game.

It's almost impossible to call!

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
It's my first game for 7 years (I've been abroad) and am taking my Dad for his 73rd birthday treat. I bloody hope we thump 'em, but it's all pointing to a dull 0-0. Let's hope not!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Wood has been on the bench the last two games, Noone and Dicker were on Tuesday.

Sparrow is expected to keep his place. Gus has talked about squad rotation so if we are to play 4-3-3 Dicker would presumably miss out again and Kish would drop to the bench, as Bridcutt and Bennett are shoe-ins. If we are to play 4-4-2 Barnes may be dropped to give him a rest and to give Wood a game.

It's almost impossible to call!

It's easy to call - just impossible to have any confidence.

I think Gus has realised that he has to be more defensive for away games. That means today's team will be more attacking. I'm not sure he will go back to 4-3-3 though. My guess is he will drop Kish for a well rested Dicker.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It's easy to call - just impossible to have any confidence.

I think Gus has realised that he has to be more defensive for away games. That means today's team will be more attacking. I'm not sure he will go back to 4-3-3 though. My guess is he will drop Kish for a well rested Dicker.

I reckon we'll go 4-3-3 with Kish dropped for Dicker, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Noone start in a 4-4-2 with Murray and Wood up top.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
And please no-one post incorrect scores ala Brentford, some of us rely on this thread instead of commentary.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
4-1 to the good guys, Murray, Greer, Sparrow and Noone with the goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here