Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
That was fantastic.
Being based in Spurs territory, the next day or so will be a joy having various chats with my neighbours!
Just annoying that Dunk got booked, having given away a silly goal.
After tonight I think he needs a mid-winter break. Hope he takes the family to Dubai and chills.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"...18-year-old Hinshelwood was superb at right-back and took his goal with aplomb.

His strike was Brighton's 19th by a teenager in the Premier League in 2023 - Manchester United have the second most with four.

Brighton's tally has only been bettered twice in Premier League history by Liverpool in 1998 (25) and 1994 (22)."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67782972

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What I don't understand is, on paper we always look a bit lightweight in midfield (where games are won or lost), and yet it doesn't work out like that.
What am I missing?
There was little real midfield play from either team tonight. Someone earlier posted that we were going to offer Spurs a five-a-side match, and it was a bit like that - two at the back and three up front, and little in between. Exciting.

Watched it with a Spurs mate, which was great. Just strolled home. Next door is a second home - he's a Spurs fan too - so I loudly said 'Seagulls' a few times when trying to fit the key in the door. Suspect I will be told off by Mrs Bodian in the morning.

Good times.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
against my better judgement, i’m going to ignore the last 15 mins. utterly excellent throughout. brilliant win. fully deserved to be 4-0 up, great performances from most of the team. but (disregarding what i said earlier), that defence needs attention in jan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
With a week's rest last week it goes to show that we can really play well and score goals. Just the last 15 mins we struggled. Hopefully we will recover for a another big game on Tuesday. Great game and a great result tonight.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone who is surprised/annoyed at conceding two goals clearly doesn't understand the context. Albion, knackered players in a makeshift, inexperienced squad. Spurs, playing for a bit of pride having shipped FOUR and with Ange's ''pressing++' approach.

They looked dangerous at times even before they scored. I'd hazard to say, these are a good team.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Having looked like I wouldn't be able to make due to an ankle injury, I did wobble down there in the end.

Thank god I did. What a weird and wonderful match. Just odd and mad. Totally bizarre tactically.

Highlights for me were Hinshelwoods opener. Pedro's entire performance. With his his up play getting to Wellbeck-esque levels. Perv's screamer and Milner rolling back the years.

So pleasing to have that cryarsing wankstain Richarlison get to chalked off for offside.

Also enjoyed Balebas WWF style cameo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weird but great match. We seemed to suddenly abandon the tippy tappy stuff for most of this match. Ironically it was just what we needed when 4-0 up to retain possession
Spurs got used to our goal-kicks being lumped up field, so they all dropped back. At that point I don't know why Dunk didn't just run towards Steele for an easy pass, and if there wasn't another easy pass on, then lump it up field. It would be nice to be able to mix it up.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
RDZ is 'highlighted' for all his changes week in week out

Spurs "we were leggy"

Newcastle "look very tired"

Perhaps they should do the same then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here