Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Frustrating, but up against a very determined Spurs team, well organised by a first class coach.
We were in it til the end. Dunk was superb.
Reality check that top 6 is out of our reach.
Keep the Faith.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Felt sorry for those guys on the radio who due to traffic issues arrived 10 mins before the end. Personally would have turned around if I hadn't made it by half time.

It's unfair on the fan TBH, the rail strike, the A27 debacle (not too sure what was going on).
Players should step up, no excuses for not scoring tonight.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Didn’t deserve anything today. Too many off it. Caicedo had a shocker, Mac had not chance up against 3 spurs midfielders. Trossard worst game for ages. Welbeck very frustrating again. March making wrong choices. Why didn’t RBZ bring on Undav- is he that crap?

This is not the game I watched. We outplayed a champions league quality side today.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
This is not the game I watched. We outplayed a champions league quality side today.

Can I have some of what you are smoking? Misplaced passes galore, close to giving it away at the back. Too many players off it. Not even testing Lloris second half- yeah we outplayed them alright

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
A lot of baffling negativity on here - we were fantastic today. Some people cant see past the score.

I think after some of our recent performances we expected more of the same. Conte knew how to contain us and stuck to his game plan. Bit of a A wake up call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nor did spurs really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly . . . It was opportunistic too.

Not sure what people expect sometimes. Not sure they know what to either.

Kane is still an odious cheat, I still hate tottingham and Conte just makes me think of Berlusconi.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Frustrating, but up against a very determined Spurs team, well organised by a first class coach.
We were in it til the end. Dunk was superb.
Reality check that top 6 is out of our reach.
Keep the Faith.

tbh there'll be a lot of top six teams who lose by the odd goal to others around them. even city lost to this spurs side once or twice

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A decent performance overall, it was just one bit of class in front of goal which settled it. A very good tactical set up from Conte and their press was tireless; their low block was impenetrable.

Our all-round play was fine; I’m not sure we were much worse today than against Liverpool, the difference being Højbjerg, who was absolutely everywhere today, compared to the very lacklustre Liverpool midfield.

We just badly lacked a cutting edge today. Too many players passed the ball (and, indeed, the buck) when they should’ve at least tested the keeper. Caicedo, Welbeck and Lallana when he came on were definitely guilty of this.

I thought Dunk was tremendous (one moment dozing off and getting rolled by Kane aside) and was my Albion MOTM. Trossard unfortunately for us had a real off day, as did MacAllister and Caicedo. Welbeck was his usual self - his usual never-looking-like-scoring self.

After scoring three last week at Anfield, it’s hard to be too critical about our attacking prowess, but today was one of those not looking like scoring days.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A lot of baffling negativity on here - we were fantastic today. Some people cant see past the score.

To say we were fantastic today , is to see us as “plucky little Brighton”
Haven’t we moved on from that?
(That said, it wasn’t a terrible performance)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A decent performance overall, it was just one bit of class in front of goal which settled it. A very good tactical set up from Conte and their press was tireless; their low block was impenetrable.

Our all-round play was decent; I’m not sure we much worse today than against Liverpool, the difference being Højbjerg was absolutely everywhere today, compared to the very lacklustre Liverpool midfield.

We just badly lacked a cutting edge today. Too many players passed the ball (and, indeed, the buck) when they should’ve at least tested the keeper. Caicedo, Welbeck and Lallana when he came on were definitely guilty of this.

I thought Dunk was tremendous today (one moment dozing off and getting rolled by Kane aside) and was my Albion MOTM. Trossard unfortunately for us had a real off day, as did MacAllister and Caicedo. Welbeck was his usual self - his usual never-looking-like-scoring self.

After scoring three last week at Anfield, it’s hard to be too critical about our attacking prowess, but today was one of those not looking like scoring days.

Agree with all this. One of those games. On another day that game is a 0-0 or 1-0 us. Just not our day - spurs defended excellently with the low block but we defended very well too. Cancelled each other out almost. At the end of the day we've just performed outstandingly at Anfield and scored 3, and gone toe to toe with spurs in a game that could've gone either way. Can't complain eh

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Positives- we were still in the game at the end. Mitoma lively again. Dunk was excellent at the back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Our all-round play was decent; I’m not sure we much worse today than against Liverpool, the difference being Højbjerg was absolutely everywhere today, compared to the very lacklustre Liverpool midfield.

I thought Dunk was tremendous today (one moment dozing off and getting rolled by Kane aside) and was my Albion MOTM. Trossard unfortunately for us had a real off day, as did MacAllister and Caicedo. Welbeck was his usual self - his usual never-looking-like-scoring self.

Liverpool are letting in goals for fun this season, after failing to reinvigorate an old CM in the summer.

Caiceo, Trossard, Mac Allister, March, Gross and Welbeck not really turning up, is a sh@t show.

All the winning managers just now are flooding the midfield, it works, always had. I’d love to see RDZ do this from the next game, not experimenting for a while making us a regulation point or three.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think it was as bad as some seem to think... some decent football from time to time and a few chances created. But when Solly, Tross and Gross all have off-days at the same time (while Welbeck has no confidence in the penalty area)... Brighton are just not going to score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here