Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City *** Official Match Thread ***

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter's had two seasons to redeem him and has chosen instead to send him on very unsuccessful loans.

He sent Duffy on an unsuccessful loan and has redeemed him.
Look I think all of us think its a long shot , and Potter probably would have preferred a new striker to work with in the summer (he presumably asked for one) but we are where we are.
So at some point GP must have decided he actually could work with Locadia- he's a good coach after all - and not write him off as a disinterested DJ who doesn't like heading the ball. Its worth a go.
So i'm going with that .
And there certainly wasn't anything in last night's cameo to suggest well anything much really. So we'll see.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The other fella being Darwin Nunez at Benfica? . . . yes l liked the sound of him, try again in January maybe?

Just checked to see how yes getting on this season. 4 goals in 4 league matches. Got 30 minutes off the bench in the Champions League too. Reckon we've missed the boat on this one. Unless we can maintain our top four spot till January...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This thread's getting a bit embarrassing now. NSC's most bitter spinning anything and everything to suit their questionable viewpoint. Bit like anti-vaxxers.

What about Bexiteers?. Surely the Anti Vaxxer Leavers are the Anti Christ and responsible for every ill in the world?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The difference is I was there. You are relying on radio commentary.

The bloke is a number nine who stated he doesn't like heading the ball and he ducked one again last night to lose the ball. He will never, ever be good enough for the first team, just like your other pet player that YOU got wrong, Ali J :)

Instant results??? Remind me how long he's been here for?

The bloke has played how many times under Potter? Forget his performances under CH, he probably hated anti football as much as I did and he is not a defender :shrug:

You have slagged off all three of Ali J, GP and Locadia. You have been proved WAY off the mark with GP, I’ll reluctantly give you Ali J ( but that Chelsea goal) and I think you’ll also be off the mark with Locadia by the time GP has worked his magic

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The bloke has played how many times under Potter? Forget his performances under CH, he probably hated anti football as much as I did and he is not a defender :shrug:

You have slagged off all three of Ali J, GP and Locadia. You have been proved WAY off the mark with GP, I’ll reluctantly give you Ali J ( but that Chelsea goal) and I think you’ll also be off the mark with Locadia by the time GP has worked his magic

Right o. Cards on the table then.

He won't make more than 5 starts in the Premier League this season and will score fewer than three goals.

What are your numbers?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He won't make more than 5 starts in the Premier League this season and will score fewer than three goals.

What are your numbers?

Can't he just be a player in the first team squad until such time as he isn't?

If he's not playing there's nothing to comment on.
If he is playing why can't that performance be discussed at face value?

Some comments, from lots of different posters, have a whiff of:-

'Shite that one's now got more goals than haircuts, I best get on Big Jurgs back'.

Haven't we danced this dance often enough?

Anyway where's my knitting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

What are your numbers?

Tough one to call, he is certainly fourth choice at the moment so we are relying on injuries and suspensions for him to get game time. He will need at least three games to get up to speed. If he gets those he might well make an impact. I am going for 8 plus games and 5 goals.

I am inclined to go with Murray rather than NSC cynics, there is definitely a player in there and we have the manager to bring it out in him :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Can't he just be a player in the first team squad until such time as he isn't?

If he's not playing there's nothing to comment on.
If he is playing why can't that performance be discussed at face value?

Some comments, from lots of different posters, have a whiff of:-

'Shite that one's now got more goals than haircuts, I best get on Big Jurgs back'.

Haven't we danced this dance often enough?

Anyway where's my knitting.

I have discussed his performance at face value as I was there.

Someone disagreed based on what they heard on the radio..... :lolol:

Oh, and no one got on his back in the ground, including me. Again NSK were singing his name

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have discussed his performance at face value as I was there.

Someone disagreed based on what they heard on the radio..... :lolol:

Oh, and no one got on his back in the ground, including me. Again NSK were singing his name

I heard Warren and Cantor saying good things about him, and I believe them over your relentless negativity about him. You watch with a warped starting point :smile:

Annoyingly that is the first First Team game I haven’t been able to actually watch since Covid hit football! It’s shit listening over watching!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You're not exactly going out on a limb there!

I'd guess a maximum of three (all substitute) appearances, and zero goals.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

No, it's a fair cop. I agree it will be less than I surmised but [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] seems to think he's the new Glenn Murray based on a radio commentary :wozza:

Surely he'd go higher than I did based on that....and he did TBF.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I don't think he will be I'm afraid, although I hope you're right. The observation that he ducks out of headers is a good one. My bug bear with him is his unwillingness to track back when we lose the ball. When he played at Palace away 3 seasons ago, he was directly responsible for their second goal because of this. His goal at Millwall was nicely taken but apart from that, what has he actually done? :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, it's a fair cop. I agree it will be less than I surmised but [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] seems to think he's the new Glenn Murray based on a radio commentary :wozza:

Surely he'd go higher than I did based on that....and he did TBF.

:lolol: Don’t be offended, you went and thought he was shit and Cantor and Warren went and thought he did quite well. I am choosing to believe them, whether I went or not is irrelevant in those circumstances!

Either way, it was just a cameo in a game against a lower league side, no conclusions can be definitively arrived at.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

That's my opinion too. Can't see him replacing Webkz, Maupay or Connolly and would need all 3 to be injured for him to have a game in the PL imo. Otherwise GPott would play Tross up front.

I didn't go to the Swansea game. This is based on his previous records with us, Cincinnatti and Hoffenheim.

But then I thought AJ would come good so got that wrong and GP would also be a success. So only got a 50% hit rate.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Still find it brilliant can brush aside championship sides with our non first team .

For alot of my life the championship was a bit of a pipe dream . Came so close to coming out of it but kept falling short .

Still blows my mind we are now superior to all of them .

To the point that away to the side top of the championship is a good fa cup draw .

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Did anyone else notice the 2 sets of 2 couples sitting in the East Upper who were removed by a steward? I thought that was very strange!
Re Connolly he scored 2 goals, some people didn't like his celebrations, he still did his job. There's a chance he has spent some time reflecting on his personal life over the summer & has decided to knuckle down and get on with his job. Time will tell but it's a bit early to be sending him to the stocks. :shrug: Admittedly I was of the opinion he should have gone out for a loan but I'm not a football coach.
I did chuckle that for the first 5 minutes, every time Lamptey touched the ball he got a cheer! He loved the applause from his warm up's last week as well!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cantor and Warren thought he did pretty well, but there are some NSCers who’d struggle to even contemplate that :shrug:

They liked his movement and his passing

You are one who expects instant results though, just as your negativity and lack of vision as to what GP was trying to do last season, nobody gets leeway with you :wink:

#teamlocadia here

I think there is a 50 / 50 chance that you and the others from #teamlocadia will have the pleasure to watch him for another 15 minutes or so before he's gone to St Elsewhere.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still find it brilliant can brush aside championship sides with our non first team .

For alot of my life the championship was a bit of a pipe dream . Came so close to coming out of it but kept falling short .

Still blows my mind we are now superior to all of them .

To the point that away to the side top of the championship is a good fa cup draw .

Easy to overlook this……..we made 11 changes and included players that will be nowhere near the PL this season, and won relatively comfortably. :mad::mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here